If you’ve decided to incorporate CBD into your existing natural supplement regimen, then our guide to the best CBD oil brands in 2022 will help you get started.
Why Brand Choice is so Important
Even though it might feel tempting to buy CBD oil from the first brand you come upon online, the truth is that not all brands are created equal. You might also be drawn to a cheaper brand over one whose prices are a bit higher. When it comes to less reputable CBD oil brands, they will sometimes choose to cut corners in order to create cheaper products. For example, instead of using the clean, industry-preferred CO2 extraction process, a less reputable brand may use a solvent extraction process that can leave traces of harmful residue in its CBD oils.
If you’ve been wanting to introduce CBD oil into your daily natural supplement routine, then our guide will help you learn what to look for in a brand and its products. We’ve done the bulk of the research so that you don’t have to. In fact, you can also use our guide as a starting point for your own research.
Top 5 CBD Oil Brands of 2022
Our top 5 CBD oil brands for 2022 have been carefully selected through our extensive research and strict criteria to ensure that our readers are able to purchase top-quality CBD oils from some of the best brands in today’s market. Our top five brands are as follows:
When put up against our tough criteria, these top five brands both met and exceeded our expectations. Their products are all created from clean, high-quality ingredients, and transparency is of utmost importance to them. Moreover, most of the verified customer reviews regarding products and customer service were extremely positive. Therefore, out of all of the brands we’ve looked at, these five quickly rose to the top.
Criteria We Followed to Select The Best CBD Oil
As we started to look at various CBD oil brands, we began with a rather large and lengthy list. Once our solid list of reputable brands was compiled, we then came up with the guidelines that we wanted to use for narrowing that list down. Our main goal in looking into these brands was to give our readers the best, cleanest, most potent CBD oil brands for 2022.
When we were coming up with our initial list, we also closely looked at:
- The number of years that brand was in business
- CBD oil ingredients
- Verified customer reviews
- Independent third-party laboratory reports
- If the reports were easy for customers to find on the brand’s website
- Source of hemp
- Publications from industry experts and CBD writers
- CBD oil potency and purity
- Overall brand reputation
- Product prices
As we went through our guidelines, our list became overwhelming. Because of that, we narrowed it down until we were left with the top CBD oil brands that you’ll find further down below.
What to Look for When You Buy CBD Oil
When we were putting together our best CBD oils list, we thoroughly researched every brand as well as their products. In looking at brands, we used all of the criteria that’s listed above. However, when we looked at CBD oils, we included an additional set of guidelines.
In examining CBD oils, we also looked into:
- CBD oil ingredients
- Extraction process
- Verified customer reviews
- Third-party lab test results
- If the oils contained any unnatural or harmful ingredients
- Oil variety — did it come in different strengths and flavors
- Potency and effectiveness of the oils based on lab tests and industry expert reviews
- Price of the oils as compared to other reputable brands
5 Best CBD Oil To Try In 2022
#1 FAB CBD
Since its inception in 2017, FAB CBD has always been a leader when it comes to creating potent and clean products, being transparent with customers, and having a world-class customer service department. The brand quickly skyrocketed in popularity for having a reputation as a brand that customers can trust. FAB CBD’s mission has always been to create the best CBD and nutritional products to help customers live a preventative wellness lifestyle.
The team at FAB CBD understands what it takes to bring the brand’s mission to life, and to that end, they all work hard to create top-shelf products. In fact, everyone at FAB CBD has, at one time, worked in the health and wellness industries for a number of years. FAB CBD’s customers, as well as CBD experts, always praise the brand not only for it’s potent products but also for its stellar customer service. These are the main reasons why we’ve selected FAB CBD as our number one choice for best CBD oils in 2022.
Transparency is a big deal at FAB CBD. To show customers they can trust that the products they’re buying are clean and potent, the brand hires an independent third-party laboratory, ProVerde Labs, to regularly test its products for both potency and purity. Those results are then posted on FAB CBD’s website where customers can easily find them. FAB CBD’s full-spectrum oils are clean, potent, and effective.
- Highlights — FAB CBD has a phenomenal reputation for being a world-class CBD brand. What makes the brand so special is that they create top-shelf CBD products, are incredibly transparent, and have a warm and caring customer service department. It’s for these reasons, along with many others, that customers keep coming back to FAB CBD for all their CBD needs.
- Source of Hemp — All of the brand’s organically grown hemp hails directly from Colorado. FAB CBD uses state-of-the-art growing and cloning equipment to ensure that customers get the very best that their hemp has to give. Moreover, the brand goes above and beyond and uses an extremely clean and efficient CO2 extraction process to obtain all of its extracts. In doing this, the extracts will be free from harmful solvents, herbicides, pesticides, and other dangerous and unnecessary chemicals.
- About The CBD Oil — FAB CBD has created an amazing line of CBD full-spectrum oils that come in a variety of strengths including 300mg, 600mg, 1200mg, and 2400mg, and in smooth, delicious flavors like vanilla, citrus, natural, and berry.
- Lab Testing — FAB CBD believes in being transparent with its customers. To that end, the brand hires an independent third-party lab, ProVerde Laboratories, to test all of its products for both quality and effectiveness. Those lab reports are then made easy for customers to find on the FAB CBD website.
- Customer Service — The brand has a solid reputation for having an award-winning, warm, and caring customer service department that truly goes above and beyond to take care of its customers’ needs and answer any questions and address any concerns they may have.
- Pros — FAB CBD goes above and beyond in the creation of all its CBD products and is involved in the process from seed to sale. All of the ingredients the brand uses come from high quality, clean, and organic sources. Therefore, all of FAB CBD’s top-shelf full-spectrum oils are effective and potent. When compared to other reputable brands, FAB CBD is one of the most affordable brands on today’s market. FAB CBD’s full-spectrum oils are extremely potent and effective. Countless verified customer reviews as well as the words of respected industry experts regularly attest to this.
- Cons — The brand does not ship internationally.
- Our Thoughts and Conclusions — It was clear that we needed to select FAB CBD as our number one choice for many reasons. Firstly, the brand is extremely transparent with its customers both through its supportive, caring, and award-winning customer service department, as well as by posting all of its independent third-party laboratory reports on its website where customers can find them. The brand consistently pushes the envelope to bring its clients new and innovative products. Likewise, FAB CBD prides itself on having its customers’ best interests and health needs in mind. Finally, the team at FAB CBD is involved in the product creation process from seed to sale, which means that the brand’s full-spectrum CBD oils, as well as the rest of its products, surpass the industry standard by leaps and bounds.
==> Buy Fab CBD full-spectrum CBD oils here
#2 Medterra CBD
A group of passionate CBD-loving friends created Medterra as a means to help everyone boost their overall health and wellness through the regular intake of high-quality CBD products. Medterra believes that not only should CBD be easy for everyone to purchase, but that it also should be affordable. Because of this, the brand oversees the entirety of its CBD creation process from seed to sale. Medterra also hires an independent third-party lab to routinely test all of its products.
For many years, Medterra has worked in partnership with the Hemp Pilot Research Program to be able to make its products available throughout the entire United States as well as to some international locations. The brand’s hemp comes from partnerships with hemp farmers. These farmers, along with Medterra’s own team of experts, study vegetable genetics, farming methodologies, quality control, food grade compound extraction, and more. Everyone at Medterra has taken on a mission to try to rid the world of the negative beliefs associated with cannabis by educating customers about how sustainable and effective the cannabis plant can be.
- Highlights — Medterra has a strong reputation for being transparent, for creating quality products, and for being highly involved in its product creation process. The brand also employs a third-party lab to test all of its products. Medterra uses high-quality ingredients to craft all of its CBD products. Like FAB CBD, Medterra also uses the very clean, industry-preferred CO2 extraction process to obtain all of its extracts to ensure that all of its products are effective, clean, and potent.
- Source of Hemp — All of Medterra’s hemp derives from a Kentucky farm that’s been registered with that state’s Department of Agriculture.
- About The CBD Oil — Medterra’s full-spectrum CBD Drops come in concentrations of 750mg, 1500mg, and 3000mg, and in flavors of citrus and mint chocolate.
- Lab Testing — The brand uses an independent third-party lab to regularly test all of its products to ensure potency and quality. Customers can easily access these results via the brand’s website.
- Customer Service — Medterra’s customer service department is helpful, responsive, and knowledgeable, so customers always feel supported and well taken care of.
- Pros — The brand has clean and potent CBD oils that consistently have excellent lab test results. The products are extremely affordable and effective.
- Cons — The THC content of Medterra’s CBD Drops may be a touch on the higher side for some customers.
- Our Thoughts and Conclusions — Medterra has a solid reputation for creating clean, potent, quality CBD products. In addition, the brand also works hard to educate its customers while raising awareness about all that the cannabis plant has to offer. Medterra is a solid brand that believes in transparency and has a strong customer service department.
#3 Cheef Botanicals
Cheef Botanicals seeks to educate the world about the healing power of the natural, effective cannabinoids found within the hemp plant. The brand has set out on a mission to put forth the truth about natural alternatives while educating customers about the risks of pharmaceutical drugs. The team at Cheef Botanicals has a deep belief that consuming superfoods helps to lower the risks of certain illnesses and promotes improved overall health.
Cheef Botanicals gives its customers access to helpful education, research, and real customer experiences through social media, news articles, and various forums. The brand was founded by a group of like-minded cannabis enthusiasts with over 25 years of experience in the organic food industry. The brand partners with Colorado hemp farms to craft its reputable, high-quality CBD products.
- Highlights — Cheef Botanicals is a California-based brand that produces a line of organic, plant-based CBD products. The products contain vegan ingredients, are cruelty-free, non-GMO, gluten free, and dairy free. To that end, the brand does not use any artificial flavors or colors in its products.
- Source of Hemp — The brand’s high-quality hemp comes directly from farms that they’ve partnered with in Colorado.
- About The CBD Oil — Cheef Botanicals crafts a full-spectrum CBD oil from hemp extract obtained through the CO2 extraction process. The oil comes in strengths of 300mg, 600mg, 1200mg, and 3000mg, does not contain any preservatives, and is organic and non-GMO.
- Lab Testing — The brand tests all of its products using a certified third-party independent laboratory. All results can be found on the Cheef Botanicals website
- Customer Service — Many verified customer reviews show that customers are happy with the level of customer service that the brand provides.
- Pros — Verified customer reviews show that customers are extremely happy with the relief that the product provides. Another positive aspect of the brand is that all of its organic hemp is sourced from Colorado.
- Cons — The oils tend to have an overly robust hemp flavor, which some customers cannot tolerate. Packaging tends to be more on the simple side.
- Our Thoughts and Conclusions — Cheef Botanicals is a reputable brand that puts forth quality CBD oils. The brand cares about transparency, and to that end, uses an independent third-party lab to regularly test all of its products. Because all of Cheef Botanicals’ hemp is sourced from Colorado and extracted using the industry-preferred CO2 extraction process, customers are sure to get a high-quality product that is free from harmful chemicals, pesticides, and unnecessary additives.
#4 NuLeaf Naturals
NuLeaf Naturals is a reputable brand that creates high potency full-spectrum tinctures. The brand uses hemp plants that were specially bred to be therapeutic, and that are organically grown in select Colorado farms. NuLeaf Naturals is involved in the product creation process from seed to sale, and oversees the entire process from hemp cultivation all the way through the industry-preferred CO2 extraction process.
The brand’s product prices are mid-range and reflect their superior quality. NuLeaf Naturals also has exceptional customer service and an extremely positive feedback from verified customers. In fact, the brand is considered to be one of America’s top pioneering hemp companies. It was founded by a group of plant medicine lovers whose vision is to pave the way for a line of cannabinoid wellness products that help to boost healthy bodies and minds.
- Highlights — Since 2014, NuLeaf Naturals has been on a mission to craft the world’s best, most potent, and most pure cannabinoid products. The brand’s full-spectrum extracts are free from additives and pesticides, herbicides, and other harmful chemicals. To date, NuLeaf Naturals has over 20,000 highly-rated, verified customer reviews.
- Source of Hemp — NulLeaf Naturals sources all of its specially bred therapeutic hemp from select licensed farms across Colorado that employ organic growing methods.
- About The CBD Oil — NuLeaf Naturals crafts full-spectrum CBD oils in strengths of 300mg, 900mg, 1800mg, 3000mg, and 6000mg. The oils come in a natural hemp flavor.
- Lab Testing — NuLeaf Naturals is committed to transparency and the third-party lab testing of all of its products to ensure to customers that the quality and safety of its products are second to none. All lab test results can be accessed through a link that is posted on product pages on the brand’s website.
- Customer Service — Overall, NuLeaf has a strong customer service department that strives to help customers with whatever they need or with whatever concerns they may have.
- Pros — The product packaging is strong. The bottles are made of a very thick, tinted glass. NuLeaf Naturals also has a stellar reputation for being a highly transparent, reputable brand that truly cares about putting forth a clean, potent product.
- Cons — There are no other flavors other than natural for the CBD oils. The oils also have a strong “hempy” scent to them.
- Our Thoughts and Conclusions — NuLeaf Naturals ranks among our top brands because it is a strong brand with a solid reputation for crafting clean and potent products. The brand’s customer service is on point as well. NuLeaf strives to be extremely transparent by using an independent third-party lab to regularly test all of its products. Those results are then easy for customers to find on the brand’s website.
#5 Joy Organics
Joy Smith first founded Joy Organics in 2018 after struggling with her own health issues over the years. Eventually, Smith turned to CBD as a means of relieving her chronic pain. Smith also struggled with sleep issues that stemmed from her other health issues. After incorporating CBD as part of her regular health routine, Smith found that she was able to quell her sleep issues as well as her other health struggles.
After trying an array of different CBD brands and not having the strong effects she was looking for, Smith decided that it was time to launch a CBD company of her own. Joy Organics was then founded with a mission to offer customers a line of potent, clean, and effective CBD products. Years later, Joy Organics is still known as a strong brand with a reputation for creating potent and clean CBD products.
- Highlights — Joy Organics has a reputation for being transparent and for creating clean and effective products. The brand uses the industry-preferred CO2 extraction process to obtain all of its extracts. This ensures that the extracts are free from any harmful chemicals.
- Source of Hemp — Joy Organics partners with growers and manufacturers instead of growing and extracting its own hemp and hemp extract. All of the brand’s hemp comes from Montana, Oregon, and Colorado. The growers that work with Joy Organics have been licensed under their state’s department of agriculture.
- About The CBD Oil — The brand’s oils come in an array of flavors and strengths including Fresh Lime, Tranquil Mint, Orange Bliss, Summer Lemon, and Unflavored Organic, and in strengths of 450mg, 900mg, 1350mg, and 2250mg. The oils come in both broad spectrum and full-spectrum varieties.
- Lab Testing — Joy Organics uses an independent third-party lab to regularly test all of its products. Customers have routinely praised Joy Organics for being a highly transparent brand. The lab results are easy for customers to find on the brand’s website.
- Customer Service — Joy Organics is widely known for having a caring and compassionate customer service department.
- Pros — The brand is highly transparent and has a high-quality operation. It also has a rather large product selection. The products are extensively tested by an independent third-party laboratory. All reports are easily accessible by customers.
- Cons — The brand uses a food-grade ethanol extraction method over the CO2 extraction method.
- Our Thoughts and Conclusions — Joy Organics is a reputable brand that strives to put forth potent products made from high-quality ingredients. The brand also places transparency as a top priority and sees to it that its products are regularly tested by an independent third-party lab. Customers are then able to find those lab results on the brand’s website. Lastly, customers in need of support will be pleasantly surprised by how caring Joy Organics’ customer service department is.
Understanding the Different Types of CBD Oils
There are three types of CBD oils. There are broad spectrum oils, full-spectrum oils, and CBD isolates. Full-spectrum oils have all of the beneficial terpenes, phytonutrients, and cannabinoids in them and also contain tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC. THC, along with CBD, is one of the main cannabinoids in hemp and marijuana plants. Legally, all CBD that’s bought and sold in the United States must contain less than 0.3% THC. However, since most CBD products are crafted from the hemp plant, they naturally contain under 0.3% THC. Moreover, there is no way that you can get high from CBD products created from the hemp plant.
Broad spectrum products are a great option for those who have concerns over THC. These types of CBD products contain all of the same terpenes, phytonutrients, and cannabinoids that full-spectrum products do, but they do not have any THC in them. Finally, CBD isolate is just what the name suggests. All CBD isolate products contain 99% pure CBD in them and nothing else. All of the other phytonutrients, cannabinoids, and terpenes have been filtered out, leaving pure CBD. The type of product that you choose will be based on your particular needs.
CBD Oils vs CBD Tinctures
Customers will often have this question if they are new to the world of CBD. These two types regularly are confused with one another, and to make matters worse, some brands use these terms interchangeably. CBD tinctures and CBD oils are packaged and used in very much the same way. Both are packaged in dark glass bottles, and both are taken sublingually, or under the tongue.
CBD oils are CBD isolate that has been extracted from cannabis sativa, or marijuana plant, through the CO2 extraction method. The extracts are then diffused into a carrier oil such as MCT oil, a type of coconut oil, or hemp seed oil. CBD oils tend to be more popular because they are easy to use and highly effective.
CBD tinctures are quite different from CBD oils in that in order to create a CBD tincture, the hemp material must be heavily soaked into high-proof alcohol and heated slowly for a good amount of time. This allows the CBD molecules to infuse into the alcohol. The alcohol is then boiled off from the solution. What is left is a liquid that can effectively transport CBD molecules throughout the body. Most manufacturers, however, switch out the alcohol with a carrier oil and add other ingredients like natural flavors into the mix to improve the overall taste.
CBD tinctures are similar to CBD oils in that they also use CBD isolates that have been extracted from the different parts of the cannabis sativa plant. Again, instead of the CO2 extraction method, alcohol is used. Basically, the main difference between CBD tinctures and CBD oils is that tinctures use alcohol to extract CBD isolates while oils use CO2.
What are the Benefits of CBD Oils?
As stated earlier, cannabidiol, or CBD, is one of two main compounds in hemp and marijuana plants. It has been used for many years as a natural remedy for many health issues. CBD is one of over 100 different chemical compounds found in the cannabis or marijuana plant. CBD has been growing in popularity over time thanks to a host of scientific studies that have proven how it can ease the symptoms in conditions like depression, insomnia, and chronic pain.
Some benefits of CBD are:
- It helps to relieve pain
- It helps to reduce depression and anxiety
- CBD could help reduce epileptic seizures
- It may be beneficial to the heart and circulatory system
There are many more benefits that are associated with taking CBD including that it might help prevent diabetes, prevent the spread of tumors, help with substance abuse, and possibly help reduce the psychotic symptoms of those with mental disorders. Indeed, scientists are finding that CBD has a lot of potential health benefits that can make it a great alternative treatment in pain and symptom relief.
How Does CBD Work?
CBD works with the body’s own endocannabinoid system, or ECS, to help bring the body back to a state of balance. When you take CBD, it enters into your bloodstream and reacts with your CB1 and CB2 receptors that transmit signals to your brain. The endocannabinoid system helps to regulate bodily processes and functions such as inflammation, sleep, mood, digestion, reproduction, pain management, and many others. There are many studies that point to the health benefits that CBD has to offer. Those benefits are listed above.
How to Use CBD Oil
If you’re new to taking CBD oil, then there are a few small guidelines that you should follow. The first rule of thumb is to start low and go slow. Just as with any new therapy, medication, or natural supplement, your body needs time to get used to both the CBD as well as the dosage. Contrary to popular belief, higher strengths are not always better. If, however, you are trying to help ease the chronic pain of a difficult medical condition, then a higher strength might be something you could try. If you simply want to use CBD for minor issues and to help boost your health, then it’s best to go with strengths such as 600mg or 1200mg.
When it comes to dosage, you want to start at a low dose and then slowly increase your dose over time. For example, ½ a dropper full of FAB CBD’s full-spectrum oil would roughly equal 5mg. You would place half a dropper (5mg) under your tongue once a day for about one week. After a week has gone by, do a self-check-in to see how you are feeling. If you’re not noticing any difference, then proceed to go up to a ½ dropper twice a day. This will now roughly equal about 10mg of CBD oil a day. Stay with this dose for another week before checking in with yourself again. If you feel good, then stay with the dose. If you still aren’t feeling any improvement, then slowly increase by ½ dropper, or 5mg, again and stay there for another week before checking in again. Continue to use this process until you have found the right dose for yourself.
When it comes to CBD use and dosage, there is not one perfect dose for everyone. Everyone’s body is different and everyone reacts to CBD in different ways. This is why it’s so important to go low and slow when it comes to finding your right dose. As far as how to use CBD, it’s best when it is placed under your tongue and held there for a few minutes. The space under your tongue contains thin tissue that is lined with blood vessels. When you let the CBD sit under your tongue for a few minutes, you’re allowing the beneficial cannabinoids, terpenes, and phytonutrients to absorb into your skin and enter into your bloodstream where it can be most effective.
While placing the CBD under your tongue, try not to let the dropper touch the inside of your mouth. You want to keep the dropper as clean as possible so that your CBD can remain as potent as possible. Taking your time will ensure that you are getting the most out of your CBD so that your body can receive as many of the compound’s benefits as possible.
What Other Forms of CBD Products are Available?
If CBD oil isn’t your thing, then there are other ways to get in your daily dose of this amazing cannabis compound. CBD is made into cream, salve, gummies, drinks, coffee, chocolates, and other innovative products. Some brands even create CBD dog treats that you can give to your favorite four-legged friend. Each different type of CBD product has its own set of benefits. For example, if you are trying to tackle tough muscle aches and pains, then a CBD topical cream or salve is the way to go. While the CBD from a topical cream or salve does not enter into your bloodstream like CBD oil does, it is still absorbed into your skin where it can penetrate into the muscles and joints to help alleviate sore, overworked, and strained muscles and joints.
There are also specialized products like nighttime gummies that are specially formulated to help give you a refreshing and restorative night’s sleep. Some of these products contain ingredients like melatonin, 5-HTP, GABA, Ashwagandha, and other beneficial herbs to help gently lull you into a restful, restorative sleep that will help you feel refreshed and ready to take on the day when you wake up the next morning.
CBD dog treats are also fantastic for that favorite pup in your life. If your dog is prone to anxiety, then CBD dog treats can help to calm him or her down. Interestingly, dogs, much like humans, also have an endocannabinoid system. Typically, CBD dog treats are made from either a CBD isolate or a broad spectrum CBD, as THC can be toxic to animals. When you give your pup a treat, the CBD will enter into the dog’s bloodstream to work with your pup’s endocannabinoid system to help bring it back to a state of calm and balance.
So, depending on what your health issue is, or what your health goals are, you may need a product other than CBD oil to take care of what you’re needing to tackle.
Does CBD Get You High?
The quick answer to this question is that CBD will not get you high. Legally, all CBD bought and sold within the United States must contain less than 0.3% THC. Typically, CBD that is made from the hemp plant naturally contains less than 0.3% THC. The THC that’s in the marijuana plant is way over that legal limit, and will cause you to feel that euphoric “high” feeling when taken in large quantities. Reputable brands create their CBD products from the hemp/cannabis plant.
Are There Any Side Effects?
CBD is pretty well tolerated and is considered to be extremely safe. In fact, you cannot overdose on CBD. It may, however, have some minor side effects in some people.
Some of these minor side effects include:
- Changes in weight or appetite
- Fatigue or Sleepiness
CBD can also interact with certain prescription medications. Before you begin supplementing with CBD, you should always consult with your primary care doctor or specialist to confirm that you can safely take CBD if you are on any other medications.
You should also pay particular attention to medications that come with a grapefruit warning. Be aware that grapefruit as well as CBD can interfere with a specific type of enzymes that help with drug metabolism. These cytochromes P450 help the body break down and metabolize medications in your system. Grapefruits, some citrus, and CBD can disrupt the function of cytochromes. When this happens, it causes higher levels of medications to enter into your bloodstream, which in turn can also cause liver toxicity. When the cytochromes function is slowed down, the side effects of certain prescription medications are increased. This can last anywhere from one to three days and the effects can be extremely serious.
Below, we will respond to some common frequently asked questions from our readers.
What is CBD?
CBD is one of the two main cannabinoid compounds found in both the hemp and marijuana plants. CBD has many related health benefits to it, and thanks to scientific studies, these health benefits have been confirmed.
Is CBD oil safe?
CBD oil is generally safe and well-tolerated among a good portion of individuals.
Which type of CBD extract is best?
Typically, full-spectrum extracts are the best. These types of extracts contain all of the beneficial cannabinoids, phytonutrients, and terpenes that the hemp plant has to offer. Full-spectrum products also contain less than 0.3% THC, and will not cause you to feel “high.”
What is the entourage effect?
Simply put, the entourage effect happens in the body when one compound amplifies another compound’s benefits and minimizes its negative properties. For example, in medications like Sativex that have high quantities of THC, it also has equal quantities of CBD. High amounts of THC will cause nausea and psychosis. However, CBD contains anti-psychoactive properties that help to work against the psychoactive effects of THC. When the negative effects of the THC are taken out of the equation, the cannabinoid compound’s benefits can be felt.
Which is the best type of CBD oil?
Research is the best way to decide which type of CBD oil is best for you. If you are unsure of where to begin, then our guide to the Best CBD Oil Brands in 2022 is an excellent place to begin. As you can see, our first pick, FAB CBD, was our number one choice because the brand’s full-spectrum oils are clean, potent, and highly effective. Not only that, but FAB CBD is extremely transparent, uses an independent third-party lab to regularly test all of its products for potency and quality, and has a warm and caring customer service department that goes out of its way to make sure the customers are happy, satisfied, and that all of their questions are thoroughly answered.
Can CBD help with anxiety?
Many scientific studies are showing that CBD is an effective natural way to help with the difficult symptoms of anxiety. Since CBD works with the body’s endocannabinoid system to help bring the body back into a state of balance, the compound will also work to help calm anxiety so that you can feel more at ease and balanced.
Can CBD oil help with pain?
There have also been studies conducted that show promising results of how effective CBD can be in the treatment of chronic pain. Much like how CBD works with the body’s endocannabinoid system to help relieve anxiety, it does the same to help alleviate chronic pain. When pain is reduced, then sleep is improved and inflammation is also greatly cut down. In short, the body will be brought back into a state of balance or homeostasis.
Can CBD oil help with sleep?
There are many conditions that cause sleep disturbances. For example, anxiety, depression, chronic pain, medications, caffeine, and environmental factors such as loud noises and an uncomfortable mattress can all cause insomnia. The good news is that scientific research is showing that CBD can be beneficial in the treatment of sleep disturbances. CBD has relaxing effects that can help calm tension and anxiety to pave the way for better, more restful and refreshing sleep at night.
Where can you buy CBD oil?
CBD oil can be purchased just about anywhere. And while it may be tempting to purchase CBD oil from the local brick and mortar store down the street, your best bet is to purchase oil online from a reputable brand that you have spent time researching. If you do stop in to a physical location to buy CBD, you are taking a chance that the store will not have all the answers to your questions. When you purchase CBD oil from a brand online, you can take the time to thoroughly research the brand by closely reading third-party lab test results and verified customer reviews. Remember, not all CBD brands and oils are created equal. Take the time and do the research so that you will know exactly what you will be putting into your body.
How do you consume CBD oil?
CBD oil should be taken slowly and at low doses. As stated earlier in our article, it’s best to start low and go slow. Begin with a 600mg or 1200mg strength oil, and then proceed to take a half a dropper full once a day for a week. This will roughly be 5mg once a day. After a week, check in with yourself. If you need to increase the dose, try half a dropper twice a day. This will be 10mg a day. Stay at that dose for a week before repeating the process of re-evaluating again. As for how CBD oil should be consumed, it’s best to drop the oil under your tongue so that it can be properly absorbed into your bloodstream.
Does CBD oil show up on a drug test?
If you work at a job where you are randomly and routinely drug tested, then you might want to go with a broad spectrum or CBD isolate product. Even though full-spectrum CBD oils must legally contain less than 0.3% THC, they still can cause a positive result on drug tests. Use caution going forward and purchase the CBD oil that will best suit your overall needs.
Our Final Thoughts
CBD oil has a host of benefits that you should be taking advantage of. Having said that, before you hop online and buy the first bottle of oil that strikes your fancy, slow down and take the time to put some research into your purchase. Not all CBD brands are created equal. When you begin looking at brands, you should thoroughly read through independent third-party lab reports as well as verified customer reviews.
CBD comes in many different strengths, flavors, and varieties. What you select depends greatly on what your overall needs will be at the time of your purchase. While CBD oil will not get you high, it does potentially have some minor side effects associated with it. Some very minor issues that can arise are diarrhea, fatigue, and changes in appetite. If you are on any prescription medications, then it’s best to consult with your primary care doctor or specialist to make sure you can safely take CBD while on your medications, as CBD can interfere with how some drugs are metabolized in the body.
Our top five brands were chosen because they have strong reputations for being transparent brands that craft high-quality, potent, clean CBD oils from top-notch ingredients. Moreover, these brands have stellar customer service departments that truly care about customers’ needs, questions, and concerns. If you are unsure of where to begin in your search for the best CBD oil, then look no further than the top five brands that we’ve profiled for you. CBD can be an amazing addition to your daily healthcare regimen, providing you take the time to educate yourself more about this amazing cannabinoid compound.
Advertising disclosure: We may receive compensation for some of the links in our stories. Thank you for supporting LA Weekly and our advertisers.