Westsider problems make regular old white-person problems look like a trip down the L.A. River without a paddle.
In fact, the daily sighs of a Santa Monica twentysomething living with her girlfriends are so unproblematic as to actually be kind of enjoyable.
From this charmed romantic-comedy lifestyle was born “When in L.A.,” the new Tumblr whose posts we can't seem to avoid whenever we open a computer. But take heed:
This is not about your retired cat-lady Westsider, nor successful movie mogul Westsider, nor stressed-out entrepreneur. No — their problems often approach real-world status, like mortgages and business decisions and such.
The problems of the Santa Monica twentysomething are so much more adorable than that. No savings account; no one to let down but yourself; drinks on that douchebag at the bar. (Kind of like HBO's Girls, but without all the frightful New Yorky stuff like sidewalk puddles and falling air conditioners and angry people everywhere.)
Yes, this species does exist. We can't tell you how we know. But we do.
With that, we give you our favorite GIFs from the two weeks since “When in L.A.” was born. (And there's a lot more where these came from.)
14. WHEN I SURPRISE THE OFFICE WITH BAGELS
When they tell me they are on vegan, gluten-free, sugar-free diets…
13. WHEN ONE OF US NEEDS TO BE DD
12. WHEN I'M DRIVING WHILE HOLDING MY CELL AND SEE A COP
11. WHEN I HOP ON THE FREEWAY
10. WHEN I'M WATCHING THE KARDASHIANS AND RECOGNIZE THE STORE
At home I'm like…
With others I'm like…
9. WHEN PCH SHUTS DOWN TO ONE LANE
I feel like…
8. WHEN MY OUT OF TOWN VISITOR INSISTS ON CHECKING OUT RODEO DR.
7. WHEN I SEE ANY GIRL WITH LONG DARK HAIR AND A HUGE ASS
6. WHEN MY FRIEND INVITES ME TO A PARTY AND THEN TELLS ME IT'S IN NOHO
5. WHEN I'M AT THE BAR ORDERING A DRINK AT CIRLCE BAR
4. WHEN I GET A NUMBER AT THE BAR
3. WHEN THERE IS A HELICOPTER CIRCLING OUTSIDE MY PLACE AT MIDNIGHT
2. WHEN I USE SIDE STREETS TO ESCAPE TRAFFIC
1. WHEN I MOVED TO THE WESTSIDE
What I said everyday would be like….
But really it's like….