[For all these looks, plus many, many others, see Timothy Norris' slideshow “Sunset Strip Music Festival 2010”]
Top Ten Most Interesting Looks at the Sunset Strip Music Festival
10. “I'd like to dedicate this massive-cleavage-and-flower look to our Lord Jesus Christ, who is always behind me.”
9. “I'm cosplaying, muthafucka. Any problem with that? Wanna get yo ass beat by a full-grown woman dressed like Alice in Wonderland? Though so. Bitch.”
8. “This year I've decided to go with a trompe l'oeil brocade vest tattoo. Life is good indeed.”
7. That douchy guy who used to write the “Do's” and “Don'ts” on Vice? He just busted a nut.
6. This is the kind of shit the Echo Park hipsters wish they could pull off. Don't let the bangs fool you: Sunset Strip all the way, this one.
5 and 4. Skull-butterfly chest tats on a cute chick are badass. Neck tats on a cute chick just say I don't give a fuck about anything. Combine the two on a zaftig ginger who's not intimidated by hanging out with possibly the hottest piece of ass on the Strip, and you've hit a double jackpot. (Memo to luckiest guy on the Lower West Ho: lose the scarf–no, really.)
3. Yeah, yeah–we know: Lemmy, Motorhead, umlauts, Mad Max shoulderpads, peroxide in your 50s, yada yada. Still, YOUR CHICK IS WEARING A NAZI HAT! Nazis=still not cool after all these years.
2. This guy would have won hands-down if it weren't for #1 (see below). He's “friendly” (his tank top says so). He's rocking the early-Internet-meme Peter Pan guy thing, plus furs and circusfolk tights, on an expensive Rodeo Drive men's shirt. He also looks like Johnny Thunders after a bender, in a good way. Have sex with him: He's a rock star. He'll give you awesome children, or the clap, or both! And in a few decades your children will be honored at the Sunset Strip like…
1. “Oh, look at me! I play the strings way down here [or is it up? fucking guitars…]. I wear a custom-made top hat. My eyes are covered by dark ringlets. I wrote some timeless riffs and a few tunes that have largely kept the Karaoke industry in business during this recession. Oh–I'm special.”
Alright–enough of this nonsense. Here's one more pic of Jesus guy. You're welcome.