Updated at the bottom with both suspects eventually surrendering. First posted at 8:06 a.m. June 5.

Two idiots beat a bar bouncer to death over the weekend because he wouldn't let them continue drinking after last call.

Now one suspect's in custody and another has had his face plastered all over L.A. TV. It happened about 1:45 a.m. Saturday at Pat's II Cocktail Lounge in Redondo Beach, police said.

The victim …

… had not been identified.

View Larger Map

A suspect, 30-year-old Alejandro Avina, was arrested Saturday, according to cops.

A second man wanted in connection with the homicide, 35-year-old Francisco Cobarruvias Jr., was still at large. Fox 11 News reported that police swarmed his mother's home over the weekend but came up empty.

He's said to be driving a 10-year-old BMW 3-series with chrome wheels.

Suspect Francisco Cobarruvias Jr.; Credit: Fox 11 News

Suspect Francisco Cobarruvias Jr.; Credit: Fox 11 News

The two were identified through security video and the license plate number of an Audi that witnesses spotted leaving after the attack, according to City News Service.

Regulars and neighbors seemed stunned, describing the bouncer as a friendly guy. One woman told news reporters that he once abandoned his post to walk her home late at night.

[Update at noon Tuesday]: The victim was ID'd as 49-year-old Terie Colecchi of Torrance. A memorial page was set up on Facebook:

This page is a tribute to our friend Terie Colecchi. He was a great guy loved by many people. He touched so many lives with his greeting of “Dude” and his great smile.

The man arrested, Avina, was released pending further investigation, Redondo Beach police Sgt. Shawn Freeman told City News Service.

That leaves Cobarruvias, who cops think fled his Redondo Beach home with his three children (3- 11-years-old) in his black, four-door 1999 BMW 528i, California plate 4GTT805.

Cops now say he stomped on the victim's head.

Seen him? Call Redondo Beach police at 310-379-2477.

[Update at 5:15 p.m. on June 13]:

Authorities now say Cobarruvias surrendered last Thursday and Avina, who somehow ended up on the loose, turned himself in to authorities at his attorney's office this afternoon, according to City News Service.

Cobarruvias was booked on suspicion of murder and jailed in lieu of $2 million bail; Avina was arrested based on a murder warrant and jailed in lieu of $1 million.

We have a call in to Redondo Beach police to see if we can get further clarification.

[@dennisjromero / djromero@laweekly.com / @LAWeeklyNews]

LA Weekly