It’s Great American Takeout Day and more and more to-go dining deals are popping up to keep L.A. safe and fed. La Piazza at the Grove and The Melt are offering free meals to exhausted medical staff and first responders and Fresh Brothers has dinner and a movie in — here’s what’s picking up.
Tender Greens has launched Grocery Boxes — boxes filled with fresh produce, pantry staples and home essentials that are available for delivery and/or pickup at all locations. The produce and products in the boxes are sourced from local farmers and purveyors. The main partner is Scarborough Farms in Calabasas, a family-run farm that uses small-scale, custom farming methods to ensure the fresh, just-harvested gourmet products taste wonderful and have a longer shelf life. Options include:
- Indoor Picnic Box ($65, launching March 25): Cabernet sauvignon, rosé, sauvignon blanc, grapes, crackers, baguette, salami, gouda, brie, cornichon, preserves, mustard, and olive oil
- Morning Box ($40, launching March 25): Eggs, coffee, 2 percent milk, flour, white sugar, brown sugar, butter, and baking soda
- Farm Fresh Box ($40, in partnership with Scarborough Farms): Spinach, arugula, romaine hearts, freckled romaine, little gem lettuce, orange carrots, red beets, salad mix, frisee, butter lettuce, red butter lettuce, and green pea shoots
- Fruit Box ($30): Fuji apples, navel oranges, strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, lemon, banana, grapes, and toilet paper
- Veggie Box ($25): Yukon potatoes, yellow onion, carrot, celery, garlic, asparagus, sweet potato, ginger, turmeric, parsley, cilantro, Roma tomatoes, and toilet paper
- Pantry Box ($40): Bread, pasta, salami, tomato sauce, cheese pecorino, yellow onion, grain, garlic, a bottle of wine and toilet paper
La Piazza at The Grove will re-open its doors to exclusively provide complimentary meals to nurses, doctors, first responders, LAPD and LAFD. Available Monday through Friday from noon-5 p.m., the takeaway meals, which will include pizza, pasta and paninis, will be offered while supplies last.
The Melt is offering free meals (up to $15) for all hospital and medical staff starting today. Just show them your medical badge. All meals are to-go only. The Melt has locations in L.A. and Irvine. The Melt’s chef-created menu features MeltBurgers made from a custom blend of Angus and Wagyu beef, grilled cheeses, crispy fries, homemade mac ‘n’ cheese, milkshakes, soup and salads.
Fresh Brothers is serving up dinner and a movie in with a new Jumanji Movie Bundle, packed with a large one-topping pizza, six fresh knots and Jumanji: The Next Level on digital for $29.99 with promo code JUMANJI. Available via phone, online, delivery and carryout orders at participating locations, while supplies last.