In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- “You taste things you have not tasted before — that you have not begun to taste before — and you spend the next few months telling anybody who will listen about the crazy Frenchman who distilled his Christmas tree into vivid oil and used it to flavor your poached egg.” LudoBites 7.0: Distilled Christmas Trees and Freedom.
- “I saw the tail end of Escoffier's world — and that's why I retired.” Q & A With Marco Pierre White: Escoffier, Television, Packaged Soup + The French Foreign Legion.
- “But there's also something nice about rolling into a meal on the side of the road without having to check Twitter.” Top 5 Fast Food Concepts That Don't Exist But Should.
- “What, no 'Whole Lotta Rosie' Rose?” AC/DC Launches Wine Collection.
- “Much as we love the Idaho terroir of the Russet potato-based Bakon Vodka, we prefer our bacon in chewable, fat-laden form.” Top Five Worst Vodkas: Don't Drink These Now.
- “No, not for having bad taste or a fostering a faux air of exclusivity with absurdly inflated prices, but for flouting state law.” Celeb Hotspots Cited for Not Serving Food: Shocking!
- “Not only does it look cool and very home-on-the-range, the adjustable grill keeps the meat away from direct flames.” DIY BBQ: How to Barbecue Santa Maria-style.
- “Confronted with a malfunctioning burner, though, she quickly opts to make 'beef tartare au gratin' instead.” Happy 99th Birthday, Julia Child: Her Top 5 Cooking & Non-Cooking Moments.