In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- “Aside from the chocolate covered blueberries, the best part of Shutters, he says, is the ocean view.” Top 5 L.A. Hotels for Room Service, According to Adam Richman.
- “Cocktail, schmocktail: When it comes to a party, Oregon's wine producers know how to bring the bacchanal.” The International Pinot Noir Celebration: 300 Wines, 75 Producers, 700 Participants + A Movie.
- “I have a relentless sweet tooth.” Meet Your Food Blogger: Nastassia Johnson of Let Me Eat Cake.
- “Either way, probably a good time to obey the maxim: If it talks back, probably don't eat it.” Top 5 Reasons Not to Eat Meat on Mondays.
- “Because there really aren't that many ways to say something is smooth and tender and good.” In Which We Consider Banned Food Writing Words.
- “Farmers markets are our version of the European town square, where we shop for dinner, check in with farmers, maybe grab a coffee and a pretzel croissant with friends.” A Map of Los Angeles Farmers Markets.
- “In a time when the U.K. should be also showing off its great liquid assets (it is one of the four main brewing countries, after all), it instead chose to sell Olympic Village's alcohol rights to the Dutch brewers Heineken.” Top 5 U.K. Beers That Should be Served at the Olympics Instead of Heineken + Happy International IPA Day.
- “'”And without my life partner, Liza Lachman, I would probably be in a gutter somewhere right now. I promised her she could write that sentence, so you see what happens?'” Cookbook of the Week: Susan Feniger's Street Food, Now in Hardcover Form + Her Spicy Yuzu Mayonnaise Recipe.
Want more Squid Ink? Follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook.