In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- “She gets her cow, you can eat as low on the food chain as you'd like, and you all drink hoppy oceans of microbrew – everybody wins!” Ask Mr. Gold: Water and Oil, Meat and Vegetarian Mixing it up at Lazy Ox.
- “Let's just hope they don't start implementing the rule at El Tepeyac, or we'll all be in pretty big trouble.” Restaurant In Australia Fines Customers For Food Left Uneaten.
- “We believe we're the first food bloggers to tackle a food truck.” The Manila Machine: Filipino Food Truck Rolls Out.
- “Note that this map reflects data collected in August of 2008, which is the same month that John McCain picked Sarah Palin as his running mate.” More Fun With Maps: The Great American Pizza-Guns-Strip Clubs Map.
- “Now in its 76th year, this much-loved, occasionally ridiculed museum of old Hollywood has careened from glamor to self-parody and back again so many times, it's impossible for anyone–employees and patrons alike–to gauge whether the drinks are ironic or genuine.” Luster Fades, Fondness Lingers at Formosa Café.
- “With today's bookstore shelves so littered with cookbooks from food celebrities, bloggers and journalists, it can be easy to forget that everyday home cooks (cooks without blogs) write great cookbooks, too.” Cookbook Review: Cider Beans, Wild Greens, and Dandelion Jelly (And Wine).
- “To say that Rome native Leo Bulgarini is a soccer fan is not unlike saying that the man enjoys a scoop of gelato: a vast and terrible understatement.” Top 10 Places To Watch the FIFA World Cup.
- “If you have a plate of smoky ribs and a glass of cold dry Lambrusco in front of you and you don't like that together, you need to go immediately to your cardiologist because you might be dead.” Q & A With Lou Amdur: Jean-Paul Brun's Basic Beaujolais + What To Drink With A Grilled Nathan's Hot Dog.
- “Think Bartles & Jaymes meets Ozzy Osbourne.” For Sale: £2 million Wine Cooler.