In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- “Put it in your boat noodle Rolodex alongside Sapp, Noodle Thai Town and Pa-Ord.” The Thai Hamburger: From Jazz's Lunchbox To Jitlada's Off-menu.
- “But here's a food pyramid pop quiz for you: under which group – if any – would edible panties fall?” Texas Lingerie Store Forced To Get Food Permit For Selling Edible Underwear.”
- “We did notice one guy sporting a Hell's Angels vest with a pork pie hat, though, if you want to decipher that dress code.” Happy Hour: Bar210 in Beverly Hills.
- “After going broke and having his car stolen — “They found a body in the trunk, months later in a Safeway parking lot” — Wabnig found his way into the Cheese Store, and the rest is, as he says, cheese history.” Norbert Wabnig: Der Kasehandler.
- “The ritual is complete a hour later when, draped over one of Funnel Mill's overstuffed couches, you savor your cup at room temperature.” Best Syphon Coffee.
- “'That's really, really weird. But hey, their pizzeria's might not have the particular wood they're looking for, so they do what they need to do to get flavorful wood.'” Neapolitan Pizzas Baked Using… Coffin Wood?
- “The details aren't important, since most of it won't end up in a glass anyway.” Best Place to get Soaked with Champagne (and Uploaded onto YouTube) on Your Birthday.
- “'I was amazed by the giantness of it all, the massive quantities, the Volkswagon-sized tilt skillets and steam kettles.'” Q & A With Rustic Canyon Chef Evan Funke: Quitting Massage Therapy & Firefighting for Cooking + Learning the Ropes at Spago.