In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- “Is this a cry for help? Very well, it is a cry for help.” Root Beer Milk: A Float In a Bottle.
- “But mostly what the Hog Killing dinners are about are the chitlins, huge kettles of chitlins, that are mercifully cooked in a kitchen that doesn't happen to be your own.” Chitlins: Pasadena's Hog Killing Dinners.
- “Yes, there are the obvious and excessively meathead-heavy spots like Hooters, Barney's Beanery, The Parlor and South, but we're just gonna go ahead and ignore those in favor of some spots with a little more local character.” Top 5 Sports Bars West of the 405.
- “Ruth Bourdain, actual identity still unknown, has added Ann Landers to the schizophrenic mix.” Ask @ruthbourdain: Ann Landers, Dr. Ruth & A Chef's Knife.
- “Like the cartoon, the truck can be understood two ways: wholesome family fare or stoner fantasy.” Jinkies! Munchie Machine Rolls Out: Panini, S'Mores, Vegan Desserts.
- “Guess it doesn't matter if the food is any good when you have a pound of coke in your Happy Meal.” Airplane Happy Meals: Cocaine Hidden in In-Flight Food.
- “To be perfectly honest, we're not sure that some of Taco Bell's burritos don't do this anyway.” Top 10 Food-Related Onion Headlines.
- “And you thought Food, Inc. was scary.” Zombies + Fried Chicken = “Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead.”
Advertising disclosure: We may receive compensation for some of the links in our stories. Thank you for supporting LA Weekly and our advertisers.