In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- “Sprinkles fans, you might want to step away from the computer for a cupcake break.” Cook's Illustrated Cupcake Tasting: They Hated Them All + Their Solution.
- “Cuttlefish sex itself is the ultimate in invertebrate efficiency: using one of his arms, Daddy Cuttlefish places a packet of his sperm directly into the mouth of his mate. Romantic!” Cuttle Bone: Cuttlefish, A Tasting Menu + The Cuttlefish Mating Ritual.
- “It has yet to be utilized for a Presidential campaign or propagate any false celebrity death rumors, but the short-form, photo-heavy blogging style Tumblr promotes has made it a perfect place for people to write about food on the Internet.” Top 10 Food Tumblrs: The World of Tom Selleck Sandwiches.
- “Last summer, we ran a post about what to pack in your Earthquake Preparedness Kit, chocolate being the first thing that some of us would grab, along with the dog and the children.” The Nutella Earthquake Preparedness Kit: PSA of the Month.
- “The couple ran the store until they were forced to close its doors in 1942 when the Hashimotos were relocated to an internment camp in Poston, Arizona during World War II under Executive Order 9066.” Got Mochi: Little Tokyo's Mikawaya Celebrates 100th Anniversary.
- “Spiritual awakening in the form of Le Noir 61% truffles. Of course.” The 13th Step: Researchers Find That Chocolate Can Save Your Liver .
- “Though Arens' poster isn't our favorite union of Devo and food (that distinction is held by Mr. Smithers' “Whip it (licorice whip)” from the Simpson's Variety Hour), it is a very, very close second.” A Jello Tribute to DEVO at Tender Greens.
- “Now not only can you walk into Spago in flip-flops, but you have someplace where your Che Guevara T-shirt will be seriously appropriate attire.” The Supper Liberation Front: Your Secret Che Guevara Dinner Club.