In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- “It is hard to overestimate the appeal of a good hog in this town, the charismatic pull of a whole roasted animal with crisp skin and heat-singed ears, an apple jammed gaily between its teeth.” Hog Heaven at The Gorbals.
- “That's always the thing you hear about Chilean seabass: you can't overcook it. Well, great. That's awesome. Why did you want to overcook it in the first place?.” Q & A With Michael Cimarusti, Part 2: The Michelin, Bluefin Tuna & Why You Should Learn How To Cook Fish.
- “The man who brought you Weekend at Bernie's is bringing you a nightclub.” Sneak Peek: Drai's at the W Hollywood.
- “It turns out that even way back in 1992, some women still panicked about being in the same room as a cake.” Top 10 Food-Related Stand-Up Comedy Bits (This Blog Post is Rated MA: For Mature Audiences Only).
- “While Marianella first responded with 'WE ARE CLOSED.' Really? On a Wednesday? 'Is it? Perfect. I won't be working.'” Alternatives to Green Beer: St. Patrick's Day Cocktails + 2 Cocktail Recipes.
- “But Myers isn't saying anything about it now, so add that to the list of Stuff He's Going To Tell Us Later.” David Myers Update: Sona Closing, Reopening Next Year.
- “If they fell through the rabbit hole and had to create their own version of the tea set, they said, it would consist entirely of tiny hamburgers.” Alice High Tea Set at Royal/T: Tiny Food for Tiny Stomachs.
- “I've never been to a Mexican restaurant in Tokyo, but I suspect Babita would rank pretty high.” Ask Mr. Gold: The Mexican Binge.