In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- “Floss when you get home – those antennae can be tenacious.” Ask Mr. Gold: Where to Eat Bugs in L.A.
- “Why a band known for mixing coke and heroin might worry about a little inter-berry mingling is beyond us.” Top 5 Edible Rider Requests By Los Angeles Bands.
- “'It's big. It's red. It says Paris. And it's fucking delicious.'” Someone Stole Paris Hilton's Birthday Cake.
- “Grant Achatz was a health nut. He didn't eat fat. He doesn't eat much dairy, only eats lean meat. Works out three times a day — I don't know how he did that. We'd get there at five in the morning, and he would be eating egg white sandwiches. But even he had a slice.” Staff Meals: 10 L.A. Chefs/Restaurateurs Recall the Best and Worst.
- “And whoever runs the Twitter feed occasionally seems more interested in using it as a dating service than in telling customers the truck's location.” Food Truck Friday: Singaporean Street Food at the Street Hawker Truck.
- “The plot description alone is worth the price of admission (or lack thereof): 'An overly-critical food blogger's world gets flipped upside down when his exclusive dinner club is infiltrated by his ex-girlfriend's fiancé.'” Foodies: The Web Series (It Was Only A Matter Of Time).
- “In fact, the only way you lose is if you end up at Denny's.” Bánh Mì Op La Fight: Bánh Mì & Chè Cali vs. Bánh Mì Mỹ Tho.
- “Will the birds (made of icing) explode like they do onscreen? Depends on how hard you throw them at the wall.” How To Make Your Own Playable Angry Birds Birthday Cake [Video].
Advertising disclosure: We may receive compensation for some of the links in our stories. Thank you for supporting LA Weekly and our advertisers.