In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- “The food-porn aspect has been mentioned, although I strongly suspect that the maestro, one Eugenio Torre, is a paunchy old guy in a stained undershirt.” One Art: Pesto Alla Genoese a la YouTube.
- “Those on the Atkins diet, read no further.” 10 Best Baguettes: Chew on This.
- “If you need a last minute Valentine and for some reason acaraje from Sabor de Bahia won't work.” LA Street Food Fest: Coming to a Street Near You.
- “I have a feeling it's going to be one of those Screech or Urkel cases, just gonna follow me until I die.” Meet Your Food Blogger: Javier Cabral of Teenage Glutster.
- “True devotees of the chocolate-hazelnut spread have been known to hide their jars of Nutella under sinks, in clothes hampers, in the empty wells of the car trunk where that spare tire should probably be.” Out of the Jar: 10 Restaurants To Hit When You Need Your Nutella Fix.
- “It wasn't the first beer-soaked lie a drunkard ever told, but it's certainly one of the most enduring.” Sneak Peek inside The Surly Goat: West Hollywood Beer Bar to Open on Monday.
- “Unless Lefebvre pops up next in a telephone booth. He already kind of does this, at least metaphorically.” Ludo Pops Up in a Truck: 1 Day, 1 Dish at LA Street Food Fest.
- “With all apologies to fraternity kitchens and Amsterdam bakeries, it's difficult to find pot-laced food that's, well, actually good for you.'” Stirrin Da Pot Medical Marijuana Edibles Chef Bobby Greig + a Recipe for Chipotle-Cannabis Salsa.
Advertising disclosure: We may receive compensation for some of the links in our stories. Thank you for supporting LA Weekly and our advertisers.