In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- “There's a lightness to them in just about every aspect–the shade of brown, the breading and the weight, as if a particularly large one could keep you buoyant after a boating disaster.'” Squid Ink Food Fight: Falafel Off (Say That Ten Times Fast).
- “Would you like a slice of maintenance man with your dinner tonight?.” Top 10 Food Movies: Eat, Drink, Watch.
- “The lightbox will be a permanent fixture at the pop-up restaurant should any diner wish to photograph their meal.” Ludo Lefebvre Debuts LudoBites at Royal/T: Foie Gras Beignets, A Lightbox + A Few New Openings.
- “The 2007 release won the Guinness World Record for the highest alcohol beer at 25% (most beers are between 4 to 6% ABV), although this year's 27% ABV batch was upstaged by a beer made by some crazy Scots dressed up in penguin suits who brewed in sub-freezing temperatures to increase the alcohol content to 32%.” Sam Adams' Utopias: What to Get the Boss When You're Not Footing the Entire Bill.
- “Imagine if the military had decided to spend money on TV dinner trays instead of artillery and helicopters. (This is assuming that they haven't.)” The Freedom Tray: How to Be Patriotic While Eating Fast Food.
- “This time of year he's more likely to rifle through family recipe cards to find a comforting holiday dessert than dust off that fancy culinary school bûche de noël recipe.” Chef Family Recipes: Who Really Taught Laurent Tourondel How To Cook + His Favorite Holiday Chocolate Cake Recipe.
- “Mintel, a market research company, predicts that we'll gravitate towards simpler, healthier and more ethnically diverse menus. Maybe they didn't poll for fried chicken and beer.” Food Trends For 2010: Fried Chicken or Food Trucks?
- “Chef Ramsay guarantees that you'll be able to cook three delicious dishes in one hour if you just do what he says.” Gordon Ramsay's Cookalong Live Coming to LA.