In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- “My friend called me distraught. 'I just ate Iggy!'” Straight Outta Chocolate's Rock N' Roll Cakes: Joy Division & Iggy Pop, In Chocolate.
- “Cooking for me is a game. My life isn't boring, trust me!” LudoBites Returns: Ludo Lefebvre Pops Up At The Royal/T in Culver City In December.
- “Taking this ride through neighborhoods that many people associate more with '90s Gangsta rap and riots than much else, eating the Blue Line is a great way to explore a large stretch of the city and fill up on some great eats–and a few drinks–along the way.” Top 10 Metro Stop Eats: Eating On the Blue Line.
- “You can order shrimp at KFC? Yes, you can, if you're in Korea.” 5 American Fast Food Items You Can't Get in America.
- “Please don't actually take DXM, or drink an entire bottle of cough syrup.” Squid Ink Food Fight: Pastrami Battle, Langer's Vs. Langer's.
- “I can't do everything. We built the tables and chairs, painted the restaurant. It's good to have some help.” Once More Into The Breach: The Gorbals Reopens (Really) This Saturday.
- “Fancy mac 'n cheese everywhere.” The Naked Pint Released Today! Plus a Conversation With Local Beer Experts/Authors Christina Perozzi and Hallie Beaune.
- “If I want eggs, I eat eggs. If I want magic, I go to the circus.” Q & A With New Patina Chef Tony Esnault: What He Cooks for Joachim Splichal + Why There Are No Potatoes On the Patina Menu