In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- “Salisbury steak is so comforting, yet so yesterday.” Just Add Bacon: 5 Freaky Frozen Dinners.
- “One of them was an ex bank robber, one of them was an alcoholic and one of them was a drug addict. I remember one of them turning around and saying to me, so you want to be a chef?” Q & A With Andy Cook: The Gordon Ramsay at the London West Hollywood Chef Talks About Gordon, LA Weather & The Importance of Chip Butty.
- “Am I about to recommend Golden State again? I'm afraid so.” Ask Mr Gold: The Sunday Meal. Burgers, Beers and Fries.
- “The difference between a good loaf of bread and dog shit is just a couple decisions that people make.” A Conversation with Baker Jim Lahey + His Recipe for No-Knead Bread.
- “My parents definitely think I'm a stripper. They're like, 'You're lying in your underwear in a public place? Uh…'” Your Server's Other Job: Hostess, Cocktail Waitress, Box Girl, Scribe.
- “For some reason, everyone has eaten jerk chicken, and they all like it.” Squid Ink Food Fight: Chicken Jerk Off.
- “Splitting a check twelve ways at the end of a party isn't advised (especially if your server looks like they could break you in half with their bare hands).” Top 10 Private Dining Rooms For Your Holiday Party.
- “For anyone who loves Goodfellas, good pasta, and properly sliced garlic, here's a better cooking demo than anything you'll find on the Food Network.” Happy Birthday, Mr. Scorsese: How to Cook Pasta in Prison.