In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- “It's impossible to turn a 350-pound pupusa. So I invented the pupusorno.'” World's Largest Pupusa: Why? Why not!
- “Why the pig? Why the man on stilts? Why the hell not.” The Gorbals To Reopen, Possibly Next Tuesday: In the Meantime, A Man on Stilts, A Suckling Pig, A Vat of Cotton Candy.
- “I can't say; I'm not a lobster.” Cooking Lobsters With Water Grill's David LeFevre + How To Boil One Alive, Properly.
- “If a chef is going to serve a famous dish of a famous chef, they would look like a fool if they tried to pass it off as their own” Q&A With Kristine Lefebvre: Trade Secrets, Stealing Recipes, Restaurant Rumors & Why Paula Deen is A Ludo Fan.
- “You don't have to go full freegan to eat without a wallet.” Top 10 Free Samples: Where to Eat in L.A. Without Worrying About Things Like, Say…Money.
- “It's not even that. It's a bug.” The Next Iron Chef: The First Chef Off The Kitchen Island.
- “When I went in and asked if they had any bartending shifts they looked at me and were like, 'no.'” Meet Eric Tecosky: Bartender/Writer/Olive Juice Maker/Zeppelin Fan and Inventor of the Surfer On Acid.
- “Lot of action in los baños–you should have seen the 80's.” Best Restaurant Bathroom: Wash Up In A Museum At Michael's In Santa Monica.
Advertising disclosure: We may receive compensation for some of the links in our stories. Thank you for supporting LA Weekly and our advertisers.