In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- “It was horrible. Even a shot of sake and a glass of beer didn' remove the taste.” Q & A With David Myers: Business As Usual At Sona + Myers' Worst Meal Ever.
- “It is spicy, but a complex, dry heat, like T.E. Lawrence trekking through the Nefud dessert.” Squid Ink Food Fight: Mabo Tofu Battle, Szechuan Vs. Japanese.
- “From the cured meats, to the Santa Barbara spot prawns, to the cassoulet, the cooking is light, deft and lively, small essays in the key of contentment.” Ask Mr. Gold: The Cook, the Eavesdropper, His Wife and Her Birthday. Church & State, Yes or No?
- “While on the appropriate occasion, a noble bottle of red can and should be the centerpiece of a special evening, unless you're whipping up a Magret de Canard or Pork Arrista, I'd argue that the moment is not tonight.” An Ode to White Wine: Why You Should Consider Drinking White Instead of Red Wine With Your Dinner.
- “Sources can be wrong; just ask the government.” Bastide Update: Joseph Mahon Confirmed as the New Chef.
- “Although, really, zombies can get far better Mexican food here.” Alleged Zombie Attacked in Mexican Restaurant.
- “Chef Stefan Richter recently implied, in an interview, there's nothing 'past the 405'. That's good enough of a reason to never dine at his restaurant.” Meet Your Food Blogger: Tony Chen of Sinosoul.
- “This may well be the grilled cheese to top all gourmet grilled cheese.” Top 10 Grilled Cheese Sandwiches: A Loaf of Bread, A Pound of Cheese….