In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- “Two years ago a heat spike like these might have resulted in some sunburned fruit; this year, however, the crop has escaped this fate.” Serious Drinking: The 2012 California Wine Harvest.
- “To use Anthony Bourdain's words on the book's front cover, 'Ludo is a very dangerous man.'” Cookbook of the Week: LudoBites Is (Almost) Here!
- “Did you play the presidential drinking game on Wednesday night? Well, even if you think you did, you probably didn't — mainly because if you're reading this then chances are you're still alive and not the victim of massive, massive case of alcohol poisoning.” How Drunk Would You Be If You Actually Followed the Presidential Debate Drinking Game?
- “Los Angeles yearns to be taken seriously as a dining town, but perhaps this is one mark of approval we simply don't need.” Do We Really Want The Michelin Guide Back In Los Angeles?
- “No gimmicks or flashy sets. No 'big bites' or 'bams!'” Squid Ink Signs Up For Martha Stewart's Cooking School.
- “Viviani, who jokes he'd rather have three Mercedes than three Michelin stars, realizes his goals as a chef are not the same as many others.” Fabio Viviani on Life After Top Chef + Why “Success Is Personal”
- “Three star restaurants, cult wines, romantic vacation spots — now you can add napkins to the Top 100 list fold.” Best New Book You Didn't Know You Needed: Top 100 Step-by-Step Napkin Folds.
- “It's only right that the name of the restaurant is modeled after one of Ramsay's insults.” Gordon Ramsay's The Fat Cow: Open Today at The Grove.
Want more Squid Ink? Follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook.