In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- “Is it a deadly bludgeon in the war against the atrocities of Fresh-Mex, Mission burritos or food-court wraps? Not quite.” Where Does a Restaurant Critic Go When He's Not on the Clock?
- “Hallelujah!” Mexicali Taco & Co. to Open Restaurant.
- “Peak occupancy is hours away, bartenders are available for information and conversation, and if you're in the right place, the beer you adore is cheaper than at any other time.” Top 5 Craft Beer Happy Hours in Los Angeles.
- “If there were beer pubs approaching Lazy Ox, Night + Market, Gorbals, M.B. Post or Waterloo & City in Denver in 1991, you probably wouldn't be living in Los Angeles.” What's With All the Beer Pubs?
- “Attention, LudoBites completists: Buy your plane ticket now.” LudoBites 9.0 Heads to Hawaii.
- “Traditionally a humble place, with simple (read: fried) food, good beer at decent prices, plenty of TVs and a lively atmosphere, a good sports bar is an oasis of casual fandom, free of pretensions and full of camaraderie and congenial competition.” 10 Best Sports Bars in Los Angeles.
- “For all of you who think of Pasadena as a food desert of sorts, your barren culinary landscape just improved” Abricott: Now Open in Pasadena.
- “Yes, we know that the true Angeleno does not gawk at celebrities. But.” 10 Great Places To Dine Alone in L.A.