In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- “There's no phone system in Haiti right now.” TiGeorges' Chicken Haitian Restaurant Hosts Earthquake Fundraiser Tomorrow Night.
- “The fan system at Park's BBQ could ventilate the chrome off a trailer hitch, but this probably isn't the night you want to be tossing raw beef tripe onto a charcoal grill.” Ask Mr. Gold: Where to Go After the Academy Awards.
- “I have an alibi, because I was in the casinos.” Kiyokawa Sushi Chef Arrested: Mistaken Identity, Not Fugu Crimes.
- “What this means, I think, is that if you order a pastrami sandwich, they'll serve you one.” Stop the Presses: Tomorrow's National Pastrami Day!
- “As Michael Pollan advises, 'if you made all the French fries you ate, you would eat them much less often, if only because they're so much work.'” Once Bitten, Twice Fried: Best French Fries in Los Angeles, Part 2.
- “Maybe there's an answer to Sacramento's budget woes: sell ads for the state of California on Japanese television.” Arnold Schwarzenegger's Japanese Food & Drink Commercials: Your State Of California Ad Here.
- “Unlike the aforementioned Japanese confections however, F Cup Cookies, available in two flavors (soy milk, and pralines and chocolate), promote larger, fuller, firmer breasts to their consumers.” F Cup Cookies: Breast Enhancement Through Dessert, Not Surgery.
- “The Zombie Cocktail has laid claims to zombify anyone that drinks it, i.e. turn the imbiber into a reanimated, dead, or mindless human being with no will of their own.” The Zombie: A Cocktail of Epic Proportions And Mindless Effect.