- For Whom the Road Tolls L.A. County is considering charging solo drivers for the right to use high-occupancy lanes on the 110 and 10 freeways. Tolls would range between 25 cents and $1.40. L.A. Times
- Downtown Protest The Coalition of L.A. City Unions, an umbrella group representing some of L.A.'s 22,000 city employees, will sponsor a march on City Hall to protest proposed forced-furloughs. The demonstration begins at Hill and First streets, 9:30 a.m. L.A. Daily News
- Temple City Bribe Case on Hold The arraignment of Temple City's mayor, former mayor and a city council candidate on corruption charges has been delayed in Superior Court while one of the accused lines up a public defender and bail. Pasadena Star-News
- Lost & Found at Sea Two young, inexperienced boaters have been rescued off Pismo Beach, one day after their 27-foot sailboat was feared missing after setting sail from Catalina Island to Monterey Bay. Daily Breeze
- Kenny Rankin, 69 Pop singer/song writer Kenny Rankin died of lung-cancer related causes Sunday, at Cedars Sinai Medical Center. The announcement was made Monday afternoon by his record company. Associated Press
- Pot Pharms Fight to Stay Open Medical marijuana dispensaries that opened through a legal loophole despite a 2007 temporary ban will state their case to remain in operation to L.A.'s City Council today. L.A. City Council, City News Service (subscription required).
Advertising disclosure: We may receive compensation for some of the links in our stories. Thank you for supporting LA Weekly and our advertisers.