- Some Came Running Kenya's Wesley Korir set a finish-time record for the 24th Los Angeles Marathon, which got very lucky with cool weather despite its latest start yet in the calendar. L.A. Times
- Football Prospect Shot Dead Dannie Farber Jr., a promising football player who had just graduated from Narbonne High School, was shot and killed in a Louisiana Fried Chicken restaurant in Compton while on a date Sunday. His assailant remains at large. Daily Breeze
- Prometheus Bound A man is accused of living up to the name he gave police after being arrested on suspicion of arson in Laurel Canyon: Prometheus. L.A. Daily News
- Lost Highway Last year Lancaster paved over its Musical Road stretch of Avenue K after complaints from residents about all the traffic, but later opened a new lane of asphalt that vibrates to the melody of “The William Tell Overture.” Drivers, who must be in the left lane on westbound Avenue G, between 30th and 40th streets, and traveling about 55 mph to hear the theme, continue to come to Lancaster for the experience. Antelope Valley Press
- Murder Was the Case Rapper Dolla's alleged killer, Aubrey
Louis Berry, is scheduled to have a bail review hearing Monday morning in downtown L.A. City News Service (subscription required)
- Trading Blue for Green With a police force refusing to give up this year's scheduled pay raise and the city facing a $3.3 million budget hole, Irwindale is looking into replacing its cops with contracted sheriff's deputies. San Gabriel Valley Tribune
Advertising disclosure: We may receive compensation for some of the links in our stories. Thank you for supporting LA Weekly and our advertisers.