- Landmark Realty The Los Angeles Coliseum! San Quentin Prison! Orange County Fairgrounds! These and other hot properties must liquidate and are priced to move! See Governor Schwarzenegger for details. L.A. Times
- A Sequel You Can Believe In Obama for President campaigners are morphing their 2008 movement into a Phase II organization aimed at promoting the President's agenda. L.A. Daily News
- Boot Camp It wasn't exactly a Rodney Kinging, but a videotape caught a member of the El Monte Police Department kicking a high-speed chase suspect in the head once he was run to ground. Pasadena Star-News
- Leveling the Paying Field A report by the pro-union Los Angeles Alliance for a New Economy says the City of L.A. should raise the living-wage rate that airport employers pay their workers by 30 percent (from $11.25 to $14.65 hourly), so the employees can afford health insurance. The Chamber of Commerce begs to differ. L.A. Business Journal
- Report OK's SWAT Clash An LAPD review has exonerated SWAT members who stormed a S.F. Valley home last year, only to have one officer killed and another seriously wounded. Associated Press
- ICE Buildup Los Angeles County will join Ventura and San Diego as part of a “Secure Communities” program, designed by Immigration and Customs Enforcement, that will allow law enforcement agencies to screen apprehended suspects for their immigration status. Associated Press
Advertising disclosure: We may receive compensation for some of the links in our stories. Thank you for supporting LA Weekly and our advertisers.