- Over the Rainbow Flags Between 3,500 and 5,000 gay-marriage supporters peacefully marched from West Hollywood to Hollywood tonight, protesting today's state supreme court ruling upholding Proposition 8's ban on same-sex matrimony. NBC, City News Service (subscription required)
- Koretz Claims Win As Paul Koretz's lead over David Vahedi in the Westside's 2nd City Council District race increased to 702 votes, Koretz claimed victory in the campaign to succeed Jack Weiss. City News Service (subscription required)
- Swine Flu's Worst Over Remember swine flu? L.A. County and state health officials believe most of the danger from the outbreak has passed. L.A. Times
- Valley of the Dolls MGA Entertainment Inc. has asked a federal appeals court to stop the transfer of its Bratz dolls to Mattel Inc. during MGA's appeal of a judge's ruling ordering the transfer.
MGA claims that to allow the change before it has exhausted its legal options would be “devastating and irreversible.” Associated Press
- Pistachios Recalled Season Produce Co. of Los Angeles is recalling its Wild Rose label of the nuts because of salmonella fears. Associated Press
- Seaworthy Teen Heads Home Seventeen-year-old Zac Sunderland of Thousand Oaks is poised to become the youngest person to sail around the world solo. L.A. Daily News
Advertising disclosure: We may receive compensation for some of the links in our stories. Thank you for supporting LA Weekly and our advertisers.