It’s time to do some holiday shopping for the cannabis enthusiast in your life!

This year has provided a bunch of great new options for you to pick from. Whether you want them to grow better pot or upgrade their dab rig to something a bit more flashy, we certainly have something for everyone.

Flower Mill

Courtesy of Flower Mill

We see a lot of grinder tech here at L.A. Weekly. Nearly 85% of the grinders we see across America fall into the same format. But within the other 15%, you start to see better materials and new concepts. Flower Mill certainly covers the latter. At first, we were wary of its revolutionary design that looked like it was replacing the actual grinding mechanisms with a grater, but it works so bomb. I now use a Flower Mill almost exclusively. 

Zen Quick Shooter + Raw Straight Tube

Courtesy of Raw

The new and improved straight tube is the latest offering from the biggest name in cannabis rolling papers. The new version works even better with rolling machines like Zen Shooter. These are definitely one of the best options for people who don’t have the finger dexterity to roll joints due to a medical condition. 

Vibes Cali

Courtesy of Vibes

While we’re still on the subject of cones, Vibes’ new Cali line is an exceptional offering in the space. While there have certainly been plenty of empty cones you could fill yourself over the years, most of them felt like either pinners or obnoxious two-handed king-size things with no middle ground. Vibes Cali three packs fill that void by being a bit bigger than your average cone tube plus a straighter design. So in addition to the additional volume to accommodate more weed, you’re getting a better hit.

Volcano Onyx

Courtesy of Storz & Bickel

Few technologies in any space have remained as dominant a force over the last two decades as the team at Storz and Bickel. While last year they went for flash with the gold edition, this year’s upgrades are not just for looks. The hardware in the Volcano Onyx series is the best yet, in addition to new-age things like Bluetooth, it just generally heats up faster than any of its previous incarnations over the last two decades. While running a bit higher in price than the other products we recommend this year, they are not only the best vaporizer on the market but many 20-year-old models are still in use. It’s like a McLaren and a Toyota Camry had a baby.

Courtesy of Puffco

Indiglow Puffco Pro

So you thought the first edition Special Edition Peak Pro wasn’t as loud as you’d hoped with its slick white finish? Fear not, the Puffco team went purple psychedelic spiral Illuminati for the new Indiglow edition Peak Pro, arguably its most stunning special edition yet, though some of the originals between 2018 and the Pro launch last year were pretty dope. One thing that separates this drop from the past is that all of Puffco’s top-notch accessories like the charging base, hot knife, and travel bag have special Indiglow editions to match your new electronic dab rig.

Lochby Grow Journal

So your significant other has become quite the green thumb since the pandemic started and now they’re yelling in the backyard about winning the Emerald Cup? Nice. It’s time for you to help them take their game to the next level with a grow journal so they can better keep track of their garden. While not marketed as such, we think Lochby field guides are the perfect grow journal option from the hills of the Emerald Triangle all the way down to Tijuana. They have just the right amount of weatherproofing and durability for the task without looking like goofy overkill. 


The cannabis genome isn’t going to progress without our help fam! Christmas is a great opportunity to give your grandmother the cannabis seeds you want to grow in her backyard next year – just don’t let cousin Billy know about your plan. He’s been eyeballing a few drops from Seed Junky and Compound. Also, Compton’s own Masonic smoker has declared all untested seed packs are called “Expedition Packs.” We’re about it. 


Advertising disclosure: We may receive compensation for some of the links in our stories. Thank you for supporting LA Weekly and our advertisers.