In honor of the films nominated for Best Picture Oscars, the Beverly Hills Hotel's Beverage Manager Anthony Santiago and Beverage Supervisor Robert Rouleau have created an Oscar-themed cocktail menu at the Polo Lounge, the spot where celebrities have traditionally trouped post-Oscars and Oscar parties to get four or five sheets to the wind. This is the ninth year the bar has created such a cocktail list. At $17 each, they're a bit more expensive than a movie ticket, so check out the recipes if you want to try making one at home. The Oscars air February 27 on ABC.
10. Woody to the Rescue: Toy Story 3
Macallan Fine Oak 10-year, Cointreau Noir, Domaine de Canton ginger liqueur, homemade honey syrup, fresh lemon juice, egg white, Reagan's No. 6 Orange Bitters and Angostura Bitters, served on a stem.
9. The King's Last Word: The King's Speech
Tanqueray gin, Green Chartreuse, Maraschino liqueur, fresh lime juice, simple syrup and Angostura Orange Bitters, served on a stem.
8. Blood Ties: Winter's Bone
Peligroso Reposado tequila, Clèment Creole Shrubb Liqueur D'Orange, Solerno Blood Orange liqueur, fresh lime juice and fresh squeezed blood orange juice, served on the rocks.
7. The Mickey Ward Eight: The Fighter
Redemption Rye, Grand Marnier, fresh lemon juice and homemade pomegranate grenadine, served on a stem.
6. Status Update: Social Network
Akvinta vodka, Lillet Blanc and Reagan's No. 6 Orange Bitters, served on a stem.
5. Odette & Odile: Black Swan
Blavod Black Vodka, Kahlua and cream, served on the rocks.
4. Donor Hangover: The Kids Are All Right
Piper Heidsieck Champagne, Aperol and blood peach puree, served in a flute.
3. The Rooster: True Grit
Old Crow Reserve whiskey, Beverly Hills maple syrup, Angostura Bitters, orange twist and a homemade Bourbon cherry, served on the rocks.
2. Rock & A Hard Place: 127 Hours
Rittenhouse Rye, Rothman and Winters apricot liqueur, apricot brandy and Angostura Bitters, served in a stem.Sleepy Head Cocktail (in honor of Inception)
Makes: 1 drink
2 oz. Remy VSOP cognac
2 slices of orange
6-8 mint leaves
½ oz. Domaine de Canton ginger liqueur
½ oz. lemon juice
1. In a mixing glass add orange slices and mint leaves and muddle.
2. Add cognac, Canton ginger liqueur and lemon juice and ice.
3. Shake and strain into a highball glass with fresh ice.
4. Garnish with a mint sprig.