Food & Wine announced its highly anticipated list of 2013 Best New Chefs this morning. It did this not by sending out a memo — well, there was one of those eventually — but by tweeting out the list with a hashtag (#BNC25). Welcome to life as we know it. Congratulations, @MVoltaggio! Chef Michael Voltaggio (ink., ink.sack) was the only Los Angeles chef named to the annual list.
For all of you following along, the tweets came not from Food & Wine editor-in-chief Dana Cowin's Twitter account (@fwscout), but via CBS This Morning's (@CBSThisMorning). The 2013 honorees will be featured in the July issue of the magazine and will also attend the 31st annual Food & Wine Classic in Aspen from June 14-16. For the full list, turn the page.
Food & Wine Best New Chefs, 2013:
- Danny Bowien: Mission Chinese Food, New York City
- Justin Cogley: Aubergine, Carmel
- José Enrique: José Enrique, San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Matthew Gaudet: West Bridge, Boston
- Jamie Malone: Sea Change, Minneapolis/li>
- Chris Shepherd: Underbelly, Houston
- Alex Stupak: Empellón Cocina, New York City
- Andy Ticer & Michael Hudman: Andrew Michael Italian Kitchen, Memphis
- Jason Vincent: Nightwood, Chicago
- Michael Voltaggio: ink., Los Angeles
And in somewhat related news:
Want more Squid Ink? Follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook.
Advertising disclosure: We may receive compensation for some of the links in our stories. Thank you for supporting LA Weekly and our advertisers.