[Every Sunday from 8 to 10 p.m., Henry Rollins brings an exclusive mix of songs old and new to listeners at 89.9 FM, KCRW. Visit KCRW.com for more information and to stream his show online, or peruse the Radio Notes archives to see past playlists.]
RADIO BROADCAST #347
Fanatic! Writing to you from Ushuaia, Argentina. If you look on the map, you will see how there isn’t much further I can go before I run out of Argentina to be in.
Tomorrow, I will be boarding a small ship for Antarctica, where I will spend about a week and a half and then return to Los Angeles.
I just got an email from our good pal Tim Presley. You know him from White Fence and Drinks. He has a new record out on Castle Face called W-X. He sent me the tracks, which are taking forever to download, but slowly they are arriving. Sounds really cool.
You can go to the Castle Face site and check out information on the release here.
I immediately ordered up on the white vinyl edition and can’t wait to hear it.
The last few days have been busy. I was in Belgium in rehearsal for the rollout of Gutterdämmerung, which we did in London. We had nine-hour days in a production hall and then all the gear and us were moved to London. We did the show on Thursday night. I flew to Los Angeles the next morning and arrived in the evening. Had enough time to re-pack and head back to the airport in the morning for Buenos Aires via Houston. One a half days in BA and then flew here a few hours ago.
Tour dates are starting to fall in for 2016. Kiev, Ukraine and Tel Aviv, Israel just came in for early February. There will be many more to follow. When we have things booked past what we have already posted, we will post the information so anyone interested will be able to access it.
Some great tunes below, which of course, I hope that you enjoy. If you notice, we rock some Kraftwerk at the end of our first hour. May I take this opportunity to encourage you, yet again, if you have not already, to check out the Kraftwerk and the Electronic Revolution documentary. It’s a great piece of work and will get you psyched on finding out more about Kraftwerk and the bands from their scene. I have watched it three times now and keep it on my iPad so I can go back to it now and then. I just watched it again on some cramped flight the other day. I can no longer remember which flight is which, I am on so many these days. I am happy to say I am off the plane for at least a week and a half.
Off the plane, but I think this is what’s waiting for me.
Apparently, there is the potential for a lot of hurling.
There is snow falling past my window!
Keep your tubes warm and STAY FANATIC!
01. Iggy Pop – Funtime / The Idiot
02. David Bowie – Sound And Vision / Low
03. Drinks – I Could Loot You / Laying Down b-side
03. Jacques Brel – Pardons / Grand Jacques comp. 1955-1958
04. Le Butcherettes – Reason To Die Young / A Raw Youth
05. XYZ – Where Do You Come From? / XYZ
06. Twerps – This Guy / Twerps
07. Ulaan Khol – Saltland / Salt
08. Cabaret Voltaire – Jazz the Glass
09. Thin Lizzy – Wild One / Fighting
10. Robert Rental – A.C.C. / Business Unusual Compilation LP
11. Thomas Leer – Private Plane / Business Unusual Compilation LP
12. Colin Potter – Soul Train / Recent History
13. Lorelle Meets the Obsolete – Strands Of Our Time / Corruptible Faces
14. Kraftwerk – Die Mensch Maschine / Die Mensch Maschine
01. Soccer Team – Here's Why Dancers Smoke / “Volunteered” Civility & Professionalism
02. 999 – Tulse Hill Night / Separates
03. Devo – Shrivel Up / Q: Are We Not Men? A: We Are Devo!
04. Sarah Mary Chadwick – The Longest Road / Eating For Two
05. Soccer Team – Here's Why Dancers Smoke / Real Lessons In Cynicism
06. The Beauty Pill – Idiot Heart / The Cigarette Girl From the Future
07. The Bellmer Dolls – There Is No Oblivion / The Big Cats Will Throw Themselves Over
08. German Army – Return Pure / Clan Chieftains
09. Pentagram – Wolf's Blood / Turn to Stone
10. HTRK – Fascinator / Marry Me Tonight
11. Fuzz – II / Fuzz II
More From the Mind of Henry Rollins:
The Major Labels Are Screwing Up Record Store Day
When You Claim Racism Is Over, You Get a Dylann Roof
Why I'm Not an Atheist