RADIO BROADCAST #265
04 – 27 – 14
Fanatics! I hope you are still with us after last week's show. Hopefully, you have re-entered Earth's atmosphere and all is well.
We start tonight's amazing show with Bosnian Rainbows, which as you know, has Teri Gender Bender of Le Butcherettes Have you heard their new album Cry Is For The Flies? I have. DAMN that's a great one. We will be playing that one big time later in the summer.
Tonight's show has no big concept, just what you hopefully find to be a great mix of tunes. I think Engineer X has added some songs to the show because we ended up with more time, so if you hear something that's not on the list, that's why.
A few hours ago, fresh from a vigorous voice over session, I rocked the Omar Souleyman album Wenu Wenu on LP. I have not heard any of his albums that aren't great and the real way to dig the Souleyman is on vinyl. I have had this LP for several weeks but had not the time to play it.
Have you seen the Jay Reatard documentary Better Than Something? I was watching it last night. Hard to take. Not because it's not good but because you see this guy who is so alive and so in the moment and the whole time you're watching, you know he's dead. Probably why we have a double dose of Jay tonight with Lost Sounds and Terror Visions. I also rocked his album Blood Visions today. Another great one. All his records are real.
Been off the road for a few days and trying to take advantage of some stereo time. UV Race, Drunjus, Can, Kim Salmon & the Surrealists, Guerilla Toss / Sediment Club split on Feeding Tube. Also really digging the new Oh Sees album Drop on Castle Face.
We have been putting together new shows and they are quite good, I think. Look forward to added minutes of music in upcoming broadcasts. We are cramming our time slot full and have added at least 15+ mins of tunes.
As ever, thank you so much for listening. You are the reason we do it.
Hang onto yourself and STAY FANATIC!!!
– – Henry
See Henry's playlist on the next page…
Follow us on Twitter @LAWeeklyMusic, Henry Rollins @henryrollins and like us at LAWeeklyMusic.
Henry Rollins' 20 Favorite Punk Albums
Henry Rollins' Favorite Albums of 2013
Henry Rollins: The American People Kicked Your Ass, Republicans
Henry Rollins: Gay Marriage Is Punk Rock
01. Bosnian Rainbows – Always On the Run / Bosnian Rainbows
02. Chain & the Gang – Nuff Said / In Cool Blood
03. Buzzcocks – Noise Annoys (Peel 04-17-78) / Love Bites
04. Luk Ron / Meesak Nakaratch / Zud Rang Maa
05. The JB's – Backstabbers / Food for Funk
06. The Minutemen – No Parade / The Punch Line
07. Sun Ra – Rocket Number Nine / Space is the Place
08. Dominic Frontiere Orchestra – Nightmare – Spaceship Entering Atmosphere / Outer Limits Soundtrack
09. Jimi Hendrix – The Stars That Play With Laughing Sam's Dice (mono) / single
10. Butch Willis – The TV's From Outer Space / 2013 Teenbeat Portable Companion
11. Farflung – Unborn Planet / A Wound in Eternity
12. Q and Not U – End the Washington Monument / No Kill No Beep Beep
13. Lost Sounds – Dreaming Or Bleeding / Rat's Brains & Microchips
14. Link Wray – Street Fighter / Missing Links Vol. 4
15. Meat Puppets – Up On The Sun / Up On The Sun
16. Saccharine Trust – Mad At The Co. / Paganicons
17. Hüsker Dü Makes – No Sense At All / 7 Inch Wonders of the World
01. The Rolling Stones Rocks Off / Exile On Main Street
02. Roky Erickson – White Faces / Mad Dog
03. The Intelligence – Debt & ESP / Fake Surfer
04. Mahikwane Makhuvele – Hayilolosa Amale Ye Ma Tsangane / Forgotten Guitars From Mozambique
05. Terror Visions Medicating Dreams / World of Shit
06. Legendary Stardust Cowboy – Paralized / Lux & Ivy's Favorites Volume 4
07. Discharge – Tomorrow Belongs To Us / Why
08. Funkadelic – Lunchmeataphobia (Think, It Ain't Illegal Yet!) / One Nation Under A Groove
09. Les Rallizes Denudes – White Awakening / Great White Wonder
10. Trin Tran – An. Man / Dark Radar
11. Todd Rundgren – I Saw The Light / Something/Anything?
12. New York Dolls – Looking for a Kiss / New York Dolls
13. J Mascis – Where'd You Go / More Light
Advertising disclosure: We may receive compensation for some of the links in our stories. Thank you for supporting LA Weekly and our advertisers.