[Every Sunday from 8 to 10 p.m., Henry Rollins brings an exclusive mix of songs old and new to listeners at 89.9 FM, KCRW. Visit KCRW.com for more information and to stream his show online, or peruse the Radio Notes archives to see past playlists.]
RADIO BROADCAST #377
Fanatic! In body storage mode in Brentford, UK. I am waiting to go to Bilbao, Spain for a show.
I have been in England for a few days now. I was at the Download and Isle of Wight festivals. On a day off at Isle of Wight, we got to see Iggy play. Fourth time this year!
Otherwise, all is well. Trying to listen to as much music as I can and catch up on a lot of writing. This hotel has a gym with a good bike in it so I am wearing myself out on that every day.
It is slightly too soon to talk about it now but I think I might have some really good stuff lined up for August. I am working things out with some labels and waiting to hear back. Fanatic, we are always trying to get first listens and every possible cool thing to lay on you. Cool music as much and as often as possible, right?! Absolutely.
I am listening to our show right now. It’s another great one. I hope you are filling the summer with a lot of music. I will be on tour a lot this year, so a lot of my listening with be digital. I am dealing with that as much as I can. I have picked as many of the digital only releases I have picked up recently and getting those listened to out here.
I am finishing off the Gutterdämmerung shows. By the beginning of next month, I will be done with the run. I have been living on a bus filled with band and crew. It’s always crowded. It’s good to get a break from that for a few days. I’ll be back to it soon enough.
I believe the tickets for all my shows in October through December have just gone on sale. I am glad to finally get those shows on the board. We have been planning this tour for many months. If you live in the Los Angeles area, I have a few shows at Largo for December. It’s on their calendar. Two of the shows are sold out but there should be tickets for the other two nights.
The most important thing here is what’s below. Look at all those tunes! It’s a great show and hopefully you find it to be perfect warm weather listening. Apparently it’s a little cool in Australia. Well then, you Australians, imagine it’s summer and tune in!
Until next week, listen often and STAY FANATIC!!!
Follow me on Twitter: @henryrollins
01. Devo – Blockhead / Duty Now For the Future
02. Bernie Torme – Street Fighter / Vortex Live
03. Pere Ubu – Nonalignment Pact / The Modern Dance
04. The Penetrators – Rock-N-Roll Face / Basement Anthology 1976-84
05. J Mascis – Little Fury Things / Oslo Norway 03-03-07
06. Black Tambourine – We Can't Be Friends (Lost Inner Ear Mix) / Black Tambourine Cassette
07. Rites of Spring – Deeper Than Inside / Rites of Spring
08. The Snakes – Everything He Wants / I Won’t Love (Til You’re More Like Me)
09. Butch Willis & the Rocks – The TV's From Outer Space / Repeats
10. The Chumps – 7-Eleven / single
11. The Warmers – Walking Solves It / The Warmers
12. Wire – 40 Versions / 154
13. Unrest – Love To Know / Isabel Bishop EP
14. Uton – Maahan Ilmestyva / Psychic Archives Vol. 05
15. Dick Diver – Calendar Days / Calendar Days
16. The Horrors – Sea Within A Sea / Primary Colours
01. Angry Angles – Blockhead / Angry Angles
02. Horse Ing Two = Hit – Track 01 / Tilt
03. Free Time – Blue Pillow / In Search of Free Time
04. The Saints – Lost And Found / Eternally Yours
05. U.K. Subs – Keep On Running / The Singles 1978-1982
06. Derwood Andrews – Blood And Sand / Tone Poet Vol. 03
07. Clarinette – Long Forgotten Heat / Well Sung Woes
08. Thomas A. Dorsey – Crow Jane Alley / Complete Recorded Works Vol. 1
09. Shocking Pinks – Lucy / Mathematical Warfare
10. VUM – Centimeters-15M / Cryptocrystalline
11. Zig Zags – Total Recall / Running Out of Red
12. Meatbodies – Gold / Meatbodies
13. Ty Segall – The Man Man / Sleeper
14. White Fence – Arrow Man / The Singles 1978-1982
15. The Birthday Party – Hamlet (Pow, Pow, Pow) / Live 81-82
16. Creeping Pink – Plastic Bird / Glass Castle
Advertising disclosure: We may receive compensation for some of the links in our stories. Thank you for supporting LA Weekly and our advertisers.