[Every Sunday from 8 to 10 p.m., Henry Rollins brings an exclusive mix of songs old and new to listeners at 89.9 FM, KCRW. Visit KCRW.com for more information and to stream his show online, or peruse the Radio Notes archives to see past playlists.]
RADIO BROADCAST #442
Fanatic! Another great September show. We’ve got tunes from new releases as well as some of our autumn favorites.
An artist I don’t know anything about but is very interesting, Franco Battiato, will start our show. Some of his work has been reissued by the very excellent Superior Viaduct. Steve sent files of the albums and I thought we should check out a track. Some really cool upcoming releases on this label.
I have great news. There's a new Chain & The Gang album, Experimental Music, coming out soon on Radical Elite/Dischord. You can pre-order now and get in on the limited 200 clear vinyl and get two songs when you order up. Of course, we're going to listen to a track of it — but in classic Fanatic style, we will check out a track that isn't either of the two that come with the pre-order, because we're so cool. The album is really great. Here's the info.
Also, in the run-do-not-walk department, are the Eno half-speed master reissues. Two LP sets, cut at 45 rpm. They sound incredible. Your stereo will hug you.
A band I was turned onto by the good folks at Upset! The Rhythm out of the U.K., called The World, will start our second hour. Such a cool record. I hope you like them.
We just got a cool care package from Gary Wilson's people, so we'll get into a track from one of those records in hour 2. Don't forget about that great live at CBGB album of Gary's that just came out on Feeding Tube. Looks like the black vinyl edition is out of print. I hope that turns around.
Show happening at Beyond Baroque:
Sept. 23, Saturday, 7 p.m.: 40 years of Punk with Special Guest Inger Lorre of the Nymphs! A special “Music N Movies” event featuring Inger Lorre of The Nymphs with Eric James Contreras, Sonic Utopia and also a double feature: The Kustomonsters Movie by Craig Clark, and Scenesters: Music, Mayhem and Melrose Ave., 1985-1990. Regular admission. Members free. Beyond Baroque, 681 N. Venice Blvd., Venice, email@example.com.
We will be live in the studio. I think it will be me and Engineer Am-Rock. We have a great show lined up. Please tune in if you can.
Keep listening and STAY FANATIC!!!
01. Franco Battiato – Una Cellula / Fetus
02. Pupil Wah – Spirituous Earth / Alien Paradigm
03. Terry – The Colonel / Remember Terry
04. The Oh Sees – Cadaver Dog / Orc
05. Alex Cameron – Politics of Love / Forced Witness
06. Ty Segall – Dust / Fried Shallots
07. Devo – Turn Around (demo) / Recombo DNA
08. Pikacyu / Makoto – Minakata Loid / Om Sweet Home: We Are Shining Stars From Darkside
09. The Cravats – Motorcycle Man / Dustbin of Sound
10. Chain & the Gang – Experimental Music / Experimental Music
11. Rackett – Prey / Rice Is Nice Mix Tape Vol. 4
12. Brian Eno – The True Wheel / Taking Tiger Mountain By Strategy
13. Inger Lorre – Monitor / Live at the Viper Room
01. The World – Ghost Town / First World Record
02. Gen Pop – Teach Me How to / On the Screen
03. Wet Lips – Space Jam – Wet Lips
04. Whirlywirld – Moto / Complete Studio Works
05. Emily Jane White – Time on Your Side / Dark Undercoat
06. Wire – Oh No Not So / Behind The Curtain: Early Versions 1977 & 78
07. Ex-Cult – Cemetery Secretary / Ex-Cult
08. Molly Nilsson – Worlds Apart / The Travels
09. Gary Wilson – I Really Dig Your Smile / Alone With Gary Wilson
10. David Lynch – The Big Dream / The Big Dream
11. The Bad Brains – Jammin at the Atlantis / Black Dots
12. Thor – Galaxina / Ride of the Chariots
13. Jay Reatard – Nightmares / Blood Visions
14. Jimi Hendrix – Voodoo Child (Slight Return) / Live at Woodstock
More from the mind of Henry Rollins:
Make America Filthy, Hungry, Broke and Stupid Again
Ask Yourself What Side of History You Want to Be on
Don't Let the Trump Show Distract You From What's Really Going On