KCRW BROADCAST #249 for Saturday, August 27, 2011
Fanatics! I am in Galway, Ireland as I write this, sitting in the airport. Today, I am flying to Manchester and then onto London.
As we do every August, this show is devoted, with a great lack of restraint, to the Punk Rock, Classic and Post. Look below and see what lies in wait for us tomorrow night! It's going to be a great one, for sure.
Our show tomorrow night will be broken into two parts, both great. Hour one is classic Punk Rock tracks and hour two is the music that came after.
We generally do play a lot of music from these genres on our show to be certain but tonight, we push it a little harder than usual.
A little bit about our future together: Our September shows will be fantastic. To ready Los Angeles and everywhere else for the arrival of The Stooges on September 7 for their show at the Palladium, we have a very Stooges oriented show for next week, all ready to go. From there, we will move out of our summer listening mode into the slightly cooler fall model. October will be a month of great concept as we will feature a Damned album in its entirety on five of the five Saturdays afforded us that month.
Book Info Dept.: Pre-order information for Occupants, my new book, is available here.
News That You Will Want To Make Note Of Dept.: Starting September 10, our show moves to the 8 – 10 pm time slot on Saturday. Same night, two hours later. Liza will be taking the 6 – 8 pm shift. These are orders from the top. Engineer X seems ready to go with it but I have not yet spoken to The Double B about it. Hopefully, you will be able to stick with us in this new time assignment.
West Memphis Three Are Free Dept.: Thanks to the inexhaustible diligence and dedication of a brilliant team of lawyers and support form all over the world, Damien, Jessie and Jason are out of prison after spending over eighteen years locked away. Freedom achieved, Justice yet to be served. Congratulations all around to those who helped and never gave up.
Rock this jam session and STAY FANATIC!!! –Henry
Henry can be reached at: Henryontheradio@gmail.com, or follow him on Twitter @henryrollins.
Read on for Henry's tracklisting:
01. Sex Pistols – Anarchy In The U.K. / Never Mind The Bollocks
02. Minor Threat – Seeing Red / Complete Discography
03. The Ruts – In A Rut / Punk Singles Collection
04. U.K. Subs – The Same Thing / The Singles 1978-1982
05. The Clash – 1977 / Black Market Clash
06. The Adverts – Back from the Dead / Singles Collection
07. Eater – Outside View / Eater – Album, Singles +
08. The Buzzcocks – Breakdown / Spiral Scratch
09. DEVO – Social Fools / Be Stiff EP
10. The Rezillos – Flying Saucer Attack / Can't Stand the Rezillos
11. The Fall – Totally Wired / Early Singles
12. 999 – High Energy Plan / Separates
13. The Buttocks – Kreatur / single
14. The Killjoys – Naïve / The Punk Collectors Series Vol. 1
15. The Damned – Born To Kill / Damned Damned Damned
16. Bad Brains – Pay To Cum / Banned In D.C.: Bad Brains Greatest Riffs
17. The Panik – Modern Politics / Short Sharp Shock comp.
18. The Ramones – I Don't Wanna Go Down To The Basement / The Ramones
19. Generation X – No No No (B-side To Ready Steady Go) / Generation X
20. Public Image Ltd – Public Image / Public Image
21. Joy Division – Interzone / Unknown Pleasures
22. The Cravats – In Your Eyes / Land Of The Giants
23. Gang Of Four – At Home He's A Tourist / Entertainment!
24. Glaxo Babies – It's Irrational / Dreams Interrupted: The Bewilderbeat Years
25. Wire – Map Ref. 41ºn 93ºw / 154
26. The Normal – T.V.O.D. / single
27. Cabaret Voltaire – Split Second Feeling / Original Sound Of Sheffield: '78/'82
28. Ludus – Mutilate / Pickpocket
29. Jilted John – Jilted John (single version) / True Love Stories…Plus
30. Metabolist – Alien On Sunday / Hansten Klork
31. Liliput – Beri-Beri / Liliput/Kleenex
32. The Systematics – Vanessa Teratology / Terrace Industry: M Squared Box
33. Carambolage – Die Farbe War Mord / Carambolage
34. Malaria – How Do You Like My New Dog / Compiled
Advertising disclosure: We may receive compensation for some of the links in our stories. Thank you for supporting LA Weekly and our advertisers.