[Every Sunday from 8 to 10 p.m., Henry Rollins brings an exclusive mix of songs old and new to listeners at 89.9 FM, KCRW. Visit KCRW.com for more information and to stream his show online, or peruse the Radio Notes archives to see past playlists.]
RADIO BROADCAST #312
Fanatic! How about all this good music we have lined up here? I believe we have a couple of firsts happening on this show.
Agender, a band I only heard a few days ago. This is one of the only tracks we can play on the show due to language issues but if you like what you hear, you should check them out. Here is where you can do it.
Also, tonight, we get our first listen to a track from the new Dick Diver album, Melbourne Florida. I got the LP the other day and asked the label to send over files so we could get it on the show ASAP and they came through. Thanks to Bill and Lisa over at Trouble in Mind, who are putting the DD album out in America, for the assistance. It’s another great album by Dick Diver, here’s where to go.
I don’t think we have listened to a track by Liaisons Dangereuses in over 4 years, so tonight we will get into that very interesting record again.
I just got back from the airport. I was in Austin, Texas for SXSW. I had just come offstage from doing a panel thing when a man came up to me and introduced himself. Eric Debris from Metal Urbain! So cool! He lives in Austin now. I saw him hours later at a pre-party for the premier of my new film He Never Died and we promised to keep in touch. He says he’s working on new stuff, so we will definitely keep our ears to the ground for anything he gets up to. He was one of the first. He was cool, I was total fanboy.
Yet another first is a track from the new live Destruction Unit record on Castle Face. Total face melting assault. I am loving this album. Too bad it wasn’t a double LP.
Al Cisneros of Sleep and OM fame and I have been in touch and he said that there will be OM and Sleep shows this year. Also, High on Fire will be playing kinda near L.A. on April 8 in Santa Ana at the Constellation Room at the Observatory. While I was checking out that information on Songkick, I saw listings for Electric Wizard shows. Hello! Electric Wizard live April 18 at the Observatory and on the 19th at the Roxy in L.A. I have never seen EW live. I bet that’s worth checking out.
Lots of good music. No burning out!
Listen often and STAY FANATIC!!!
01. Blondie – Hanging On The Telephone / single
02. Buzzcocks – No Reply / Another Music In A Different Kitchen
03. Captain Beefheart – Telephone / Doc at the Radar Station
04. The Fall – Telephone Thing / single
05. Sisterhood of Convoluted Thinkers – Telephone / Better Days Coming Now
06. The Beastie Boys – Cooky Puss (clean version) / single
07. Dee Dee Ramone (w/Joey Ramone) – I Am Seeing UFOs / Zonked
08. Agender – Wireless / Fixations
09. Jack Name – Watcher Talk / Weird Moons
10. Male Gaze – Early Surgeon / Gale Maze
11. Ty Segall – Manipulator / Manipulator
12. Wand – Reaper Invert / Golem
13. La Sera – Losing to the Dark / Hour of the Dawn
14. Air Miami – Afternoon Train / Me. Me. Me.
15. Brian Wilson – What Ever Happened / No Pier Pressure
01. Dick Diver – Competition / Melbourne Florida
02. Lieutenant Caramel – L'Harmonie Usee / Je Ne Veux Plus Voir Le Ciel
03. TV Ghost – A Maze Of Death / Disconnect
04. Liaisons Dangereuses – Kess Kill Fé Show / Liaisons Dangereuses
05. Alex Cameron – Mongrel / Jumping the Shark
06. Destruction Unit – Bumpy Road / Live In San Francisco
07. Jimi Hendrix – Red House (mono) / Are You Experienced
08. The Birthday Party – A Dead Song / Prayers On Fire
09. Fats Waller – Spring Cleaning / Vol. 7 1937
10. Barcelona – West Coast Radio / Transhuman Revolution
11. The Ruts – Society / Punk Singles Collection
12. Einsturzende Neubauten – Neun Arme / Drawings of Patient O.T.
13. Julee Cruise – Falling / Floating Into the Night