For those of you looking for a romantic date night and preferring to skip the Valentine’s Day madness, chef Steve Samson and the team at Rossoblu in the Fashion District downtown will be featuring a special Southern Italian menu with a five-course, family-style dinner. The menu will be available for one night only, Monday, January 27.
Doors to “A Trip To The South” in the main dining room open at 6:30 p.m.; the price is $120 per person, with wine parings for an additional fee. For Samson, born to an Italian mother and American father, the evening is a nostalgic look back at the many annual family trips he made to Bologna. The abundant menu includes:
- House-made bread, anchovy butter, stracciatella
- Marinated Castelvetrano olives
- Chickpea panelle, cracked black pepper, lemon, pecorino
- Grilled pork meatballs, snap peas, arugula, sieved egg, pecorino sardo
- Crisp octopus, fior di latte, fingerling potatoes, salame piccante
- Marinated trumpet mushrooms, heirloom beans, pickled scallions, pecorino dolce
- Rigatoni, chicken liver ragu, mosto cotto, buffalo grana
- Casarecce, braised lamb shoulder, egg yolk, lemon, pecorino
- Fennel-crusted pork chop, citrus and herb salad
- Grilled chicken, preserved lemon, long-cooked broccoli
- Grilled swordfish belly spiedini, caponata, smoked eggplant puree
- Cannoli Siciliani
- Apple crostata with crescenza crema
For reservations, go to rossoblula.com/shop/rossoblu-family-reunion-dinner.
Post updated at 11:35 a.m. on January 22, 2020.