Tobias Summers, the man wanted for the shocking abduction of a 10-year-old Northrdige girl, was seen crossing the border into Mexico, LAPD Chief Charlie Beck told reporters today.
The search has focused on Mexico, authorities say, but so far Tobias remained elusive:
Beck said surveillance video shows Summers crossing a bridge into Tecate, a town southeast of San Diego, on foot last week.
Before the revelation the LAPD had said Tobias, 30, might be in the San Diego area.
The girl was snatched from her bedroom March 27 and taken to an abandoned home, where she was held and attacked, according to police and prosecutors.
The 10-hour nightmare ended when she was dropped off at a Kaiser medical facility and then wandered off to a Starbucks, where someone recognized her and called authorities.
Summers was identified as the main suspect on March 30, although prosecutors allege that Daniel Martinez, a 29-year-old who is in custody, was the wheel man in the kidnapping.
Summers, charged with sexually attacking the girl at knifepoint, has been described as a gang member with a long rap sheet. He's 6 feet, 160 pounds and might have shaved his head.
If you know where he is, call authorities ASAP.
Advertising disclosure: We may receive compensation for some of the links in our stories. Thank you for supporting LA Weekly and our advertisers.