Two sisters ages 10 and 11 tested positive for marijuana after they ate their mom's pot cookie, cops say.

That mom is now in hot water: 33-year-old Veronica Sylvester was arrested on suspicion of child endangerment, according to the Pasadena Star-News.

The Covina girls had returned home from school Monday and found the cookie on a kitchen counter wrapped in plastic and decided to try it, authorities said. Get this …

… Cops said mom told them it was for medical use. But they say she does not have a doctor's recommendation.

“(The children) said they had numbness in their bodies and their skin was pale and clammy,” Covina police Lt. Tim Doonan told the Star-News. “Both girls were taken to the hospital where toxicology tests yielded they were under the influence of marijuana.”

Another medical marijuana success story.

Advertising disclosure: We may receive compensation for some of the links in our stories. Thank you for supporting LA Weekly and our advertisers.