Those zany gal pals Tina Fey and Amy Poehler have come up for a drinking (and eating and stripping) game for the 70th Annual Golden Globes, which they will be hosting this Sunday on NBC. As Fey told the Hollywood Reporter, “When you get a bunch of people in a room who don't eat much, and you give them one drink, it gets good fast.”
Poehler added: “The Golden Globes is the one time where the beautiful people of movies rub shoulders with the ragged people in TV. We have a lot of TV people whose behavior, frankly, we're not going to be able to predict because they're just lucky to be there!”
According to the Reporter interview, their game for the hoi polloi at home goes like this:
1. Drink any time an actress cries in a speech.
2. Drink any time you see a person actively not listening to someone onstage.
3. Drink any time someone says, “I didn't prepare anything!”
4. Eat a meatball sub any time someone thanks Harvey Weinstein.
5. Take off an article of clothing any time they show Judi Dench.
6. Take off an article of clothing any time Maggie Smith wins.
If you need some cocktail ideas, check out this recipe from last year's Golden Globes.
Those meatball subs should help prevent a hangover, but, as always, be careful who you end up naked with. You don't want to wake up next to Maggie Smith.
Want more Squid Ink? Follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook, and follow Samantha Bonar at @samanthabonar.