They're at it again — L.A.'s latest water mains to break and flood are, according to the L.A. Times, at Corbin Avenue in Warner Center (2:30 a.m.) and at Burbank Boulevard in Winnetka (4:30 a.m.).
The L.A. Daily News recaps that neither of today's two Valley ruptures has resulted in street closures. Six other locations have been the scenes of recent pipe breaks:
- September 15, Exposition Boulevard near 11th Avenue.
- September 12, Melrose Avenue near Fairfax High School.
- September 11, Vermont Knolls, South L.A.
- September 9, Fairfax District, where a pair of water lines broke.
- September 8, Valley Village near Laurel Canyon Boulevard, which created a sinkhole that partly swallowed a fire truck.
- September 5, Studio City, where a 95-year-old, 64-inch trunk line ruptured, shutting down Coldwater Canyon for a week.