In which we highlight the past week in food, either at home or abroad.
- “And I suspect I've just offended the ghosts of 50 generations of Basque gourmets.” Want Angulas, Spanish Baby Eels? Get the Fake Version.
- “Everything looks better in The Life Aquatic: wetsuits, sea creatures, pregnant journalists, hot air balloon rides. Why wouldn't the drinks also taste better?” Rum Cannonball: The Life Aquatic's Mythical Drink on Bill Murray's Birthday.
- “Equipped with mattresses, tents, chairs, tables, umbrellas and computers, the Chick-fil-A faithful have settled in for a long night.” Chick-fil-A Hollywood Opening: People Already in Line.
- “Definitely score one for the good guys.” Governor Brown Lifts Ban on Infused Alcohol.
- “On a separate but related note, if you had almost half a million bucks of taxpayer money to blow on food, wouldn't you at least order something other than blueberry muffins and candy?” More Fun With the Department of Justice: $16 Muffins.
- “'So I'd be like, From now on, whenever we put a cup of water in a pot, it has to be a small pot, right?'” Q & A With Nancy Silverton: The Mozza Cookbook, The Problem of Gelato + Doing One Thing at a Time Very, Very Well.
- “Daytime talk show The Chew, which may or may not rhyme with The View on purpose, premieres Monday, and we can't wait.” The Chew + An Exclusive Clip of Michael Symon.
- “'”Oh dear Jesus,' Waller, intimidated by the beer research ahead, says in the Introduction.” Drinkology Beer: You're Going To Want Another Round Of This Beer Guidebook.