Avaline, the organic and vegan-friendly wine brand created by actress and wellness author Cameron Diaz together with Katherine Power, has partnered with Goop Kitchen to create a summer salad inspired by Diaz’s recipe below, celebrating the launch of Avaline’s latest wine, Sauvignon Blanc.
The fresh mango and avocado paired with mounds of herbs are a perfect pairing with the delicate notes of rose petal and pink grapefruit of the Sauvignon Blanc. The salad is available via Goop Kitchen via the Goop Kitchen app, Doordash, Caviar and Postmates.
“When I’m dreaming about my ideal summer afternoon, say a Saturday in late July, it includes a fresh summer salad, a crisp glass of Sauvignon Blanc and a tableful of friends,” Diaz said in a press release.
Cameron’s Summer Crunch Salad:
- We like to layer this salad in a bowl. Start with your salad greens on the bottom, and then layer in all of the vegetables, mango and avocado.
- Garnish with the herbs on top.
- When you’re ready to serve, toss the dressing with the salad and top with the cashews and puffed rice. Serve with a wedge of lime on the side.
Cameron’s Favorite Vinaigrette:
- Place everything into a blender except the sunflower and toasted sesame oils.
- Blend on high until fully blended and smooth. With the blender still running, slowly stream in the oil to emulsify the dressing.
- Set aside until ready to use. You can make the dressing in advance and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
4 cups salad greens of your choice, we like romaine and gem lettuce blends 1 cup snow peas, julienned or sliced thin
1 cup carrots, julienned or sliced thin
½ cup cucumbers, cut into ¼ inch half-moon slices
½ mango, peeled and julienned or sliced thinly
1 each avocado, cut in half and sliced
¼ cup cashews, toasted
2 Tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon sriracha, or hot sauce of your choice
1 each lime juice
1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
1 Tablespoon fresh ginger
1 Tablespoon miso paste
2 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1 clove fresh garlic, grated or finely minced
1 Tablespoon gluten-free tamari or soy sauce of your choice
½ cup sunflower oil
1 Tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1 cup mixed fresh herbs, we like a blend of mint, cilantro and basil
¼ cup cashews, toasted and roughly chopped
½ cup puffed rice
2 wedges fresh lime
Avaline Sauvignon Blanc ($26)
- Pale straw colored in the glass that gives way to very pretty, light rose petals on the nose. Lots of lime and pink grapefruit on the palate, with great acidity and a well-balanced finish.
- Zero Sugar
- Low Sulfites
- Certified Organic
Advertising disclosure: We may receive compensation for some of the links in our stories. Thank you for supporting LA Weekly and our advertisers.