Even as the porn industry says an HIV-related production shut-down was scheduled to end Friday, the AIDS Healthcare Foundation today said it has confirmed that a fourth performer has come up HIV-positive.
The group, which has spearheaded a law that requires condoms in porn for most of L.A. County (a rule that has largely been avoided or ignored by the business), says a fifth performer initially tested positive for HIV last week as well:
That fifth performer, identified as a sometime Kink Studio star with the stage name Patrick Stone, got a positive from an industry-affiliated Performer Availability Screening Services (PASS) test, AIDS Healthcare Foundation director of communications Ged Kenslea told the Weekly.
He later tested negative twice but has further testing coming to confirm his status, as Stone is still in a window of possible infection, Kenslea said.
The reported fourth case is a man whose identity has not been released, according to AHF. He has been retested and come up positive again, Kenslea told us.
See also: Porn Biz Sees Fourth Case of HIV.
Despite the initial positive, the AHF alleges that the industry did nothing to keep Stone from working: Kenslea says he was even scheduled to perform tomorrow, a day before the production moratorium was to end.
We reached out to PASS' parent group, the industry trade organization known as the Free Speech Coalition, for comment but have yet to hear back.
The coalition has said previously that everyone who was possibly exposed to three positive performers it has identified have tested negative and that none of the transmissions appears to have happened on-set.
The crux of AHF's story is that the industry is ending the shut-down, its second related to this summer HIV outbreak, too soon. And, of course, that it should be requiring condoms on-set.
The adult biz says consumers don't want to see condom porn and that its now twice-a-month testing protocol works.