- I Spy A Chinese-born former Boeing employee will stand trial for economic espionage related to charges he passed on to China documents concerning the space shuttle, Delta IV missiles and Boeing's C-17 transport plane. Long Beach Press-Telegram
- This Round's for You Four steel containers holding
ammunition exploded in a Reseda backyard, setting off a fire — and
plenty of live rounds. Firefighters wore bullet-proof vests as
they put out the blaze. L.A. Daily News
- Port Smackdown The Port of L.A. is being told by L.A. City Councilwoman Janice Hahn and others to explain its opposition to a needed revenue boost in the form of Gambol Industries' plans to build a new shipyard on Terminal Island. Longshore workers and others promise to pack an L.A. Board of Harbor Commissioners meeting Tuesday. Long Beach Press-Telegram
- Slim Shady Meets Bruno In a planned/spontaneous gaffe, comedy provocateur Sacha Baron Cohen, in character as the gay fashion reporter Bruno, landed in rapper Eminem's lap during an aerial presentation during the MTV Movie Awards at L.A.'s Gibson Amphitheatre. Associated Press
- Shakespeare in the Dark Rancho Palos Verdes' annual, free Shakespeare in Hesse Park may be coming to an end, the victim of city budget cutbacks. Meanwhile, Pasadena's eight-decade old symphony orchestra is in dire straits. Daily Breeze, Pasadena Star-News
- Early Obama Photos at WeHo Gallery Lisa Jack's photographs of Barack Obama, taken in 1980 when he was a freshman at Occidental College, will be on display at the M+B Gallery, 612 N.
Almont Drive, West Hollywood, through July 18.
Note: Morning Sixpack Will Be on Vacation Until June 8.