- Harman Heard? A 2006 National Security Agency phone tap allegedly recorded South Bay Congresswoman Jane Harman offering to lobby the Justice Department on behalf of two members of the American Israeli Public Affairs Committee accused of espionage. The call was reportedly with an Israeli agent. In exchange for her help, the Israeli offered to lobby Nancy Pelosi to appoint Harman to chair the House Intelligence Committee following the fall elections. Congressional Quarterly
- Avengers Pull Plug The L.A. Avengers ended their franchise in the Arena Football League after nine seasons by terminating the team's contract with Staples Center. L.A. Times
- Prescription for Trouble A medical marijuana dispensary in an unincorporated area near Covina dispensed with a business license, conditional use permit and signage — and just started selling pot next door to a library. Until cops shut it down. San Gabriel Valley Tribune
- 65,000 See Prix Dario Franchetti won the 35th Annual Toyota Long Beach Grand Prix, as an estimated 65,000 spectators withstood record heat to take in the final afternoon of the three-day event. Long Beach Press-Telegram
- County Jobless Surge L.A. County's unemployed jumped to 11.4 percent of its workforce in March, the highest since WWII. L.A. Business Journal
- Where the Money Will Go Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa unveils his 2009-2010 budget against a backdrop of steep recession. The press conference takes place at 11 a.m., Monday, City Hall. L.A. Times
Advertising disclosure: We may receive compensation for some of the links in our stories. Thank you for supporting LA Weekly and our advertisers.