- Barricade Mystery No sign has been found of an armed man or the three hostages he allegedly had been holding inside an Arcadia home since Sunday night. Sheriff's deputies and SWAT members entered the home this morning only to find one elderly man. Associated Press
- UCLA Fire Report Blasted The family of a researcher who died in a lab fire has accused state investigators of overlooking information that would have made the university more culpable for the blaze. L.A. Times
- Developer Arrested El Monte developer John Leung is being held in lieu of $1 million bond, on charges of embezzlement, grand theft and fraud. Pasadena Star-News
- Singer to Appear in Assault Hearing R&B crooner Chris Brown is due in Superior Court after lunch this afternoon, in a preliminary hearing to his trial for allegedly assaulting girlfriend-singer Rihanna last February. A media spillover room has been aside in anticipation of intense press coverage. L.A. Times
- Pileup Cause Cited A loose wooden pallet that fell from a truck onto a transition to the Four Level Interchange downtown may have caused a five-car crash that critically injured one person Sunday. L.A. Daily News
- Macbeth Curse Strikes Three actors in a Thousand Oaks production of the play that dare not speak its name have been plagued by a detached retina, job conflicts and broken feet. L.A. Times
Advertising disclosure: We may receive compensation for some of the links in our stories. Thank you for supporting LA Weekly and our advertisers.