- Social Insecurity A federal “desktop raid” that exposed false Social Security numbers of 260 undocumented workers has left a Vernon food processing plant devastated. L.A. Times
- Evicted for Following Orders Residents of a North Hollywood apartment building that was foreclosed upon were told by a bank not to pay rent, but now face eviction — by the bank. L.A. Daily News
- Human Chop Shop Sentence A man convicted of illegally carving up and selling human body parts from UCLA's Will Body Program was sentenced to 10 years in state prison. Associated Press
- More Porn HIV Cases County health officials have revealed that since 2004 there have been 16 previously unpublicized HIV cases related to L.A.'s adult film industry. A video-porn actress was diagnosed as HIV-positive June 6. Xbiznewswire
- Deputies Dial Down Celebration A raucous East L.A. celebration of last night's L.A. Lakers' victory had to be cleared by sheriff's deputies. Some rocks and bottles were thrown at the intersection of Whittier and Atlantic boulevards, but no injuries or arrests were reported. L.A. Daily News
- Troubled Mayors Temple City Mayor Judy Wong, who has been indicted on corruption charges, last night cast a tie-breaking vote to fill a city council seat — vacated by another official charged in the same case. Meanwhile, police searched the homes of La Puente Mayor Louie Lujan and his election campaign treasurer for evidence of unreported contributions. Pasadena Star-News, San Gabriel Valley Tribune
Advertising disclosure: We may receive compensation for some of the links in our stories. Thank you for supporting LA Weekly and our advertisers.