- Catalina Boaters Missing The Coast Guard is searching for two men who set sail on a 27-foot boat Friday from Santa Catalina Island to Santa Cruz. Associated Press
- The Cardinal Makes an Offer Cardinal Roger Mahony will announce today that the L.A. Archdiocese will invite LAUSD Students to participate in summer school classes and after-school programs at local Catholic schools. City News Service (subscription required)
- Svorinich to Reclaim Old Seat? Former L.A. City Councilman Rudy Svorinich says he is giving “serious consideration” to running for the District 15 seat after Janice Hahn leaves office. Daily Breeze
- Mayor's Tenants Busted A state multi-agency narcotics force
raided a property owned by the mayor of Bell, calling it a “super lab”
producing methamphetamine L.A. Times.
- Zell Out? Under a restructuring plan being organized in U.S. Bankruptcy Court, control of Chicago-based Tribune Company, which owns the L.A. Times, could pass from CEO Sam Zell to a group of banks and creditors. Chicago Tribune
- March Against Mass Murder More than 2,000 people marched three miles across the West Valley to protest genocide in Darfur. Sunday's Walk for Darfur event, sponsored by Jewish World Watch, raised an estimated $150,000. L.A. Daily News