- Fixer-upper for Sale: $15 Million Frank Lloyd Wright's iconic Ennis House in Los Feliz is being put up for sale. The nonprofit foundation with title to the house figures private ownership might save the troubled home from itself. L.A. Times
- School Board Member Plays Hooky Long Beach Unified School District board member Michael Ellis missed a key vote Tuesday — his 14th in less than three years. Ellis' absentee rate is nearly three times that of the entire board. Long Beach Press-Telegram
- Sorry, Wrong Number L.A. taxpayers shell out $1.5 million for phone service for 8,000 unused numbers owned by county government. L.A. Times
- Fatal Wheelchair Fire A man was discovered burned to death in a wheelchair at a South L.A. strip mall. The victim wore a hospital wrist band. City News Service
- Deeper School Cuts? L.A. Unified School District chief Ramon Cortines says that even deeper cuts in school budgets, including more teacher layoffs, will be needed if the district doesn't receive more state funds or revenue from a proposed parcel tax. Associated Press
- Art Priced to Move The city of Long Beach is considering selling off art work from the Long Beach Museum of Art in order to help pay off the museum's bond debt. L.A. Times
Advertising disclosure: We may receive compensation for some of the links in our stories. Thank you for supporting LA Weekly and our advertisers.