- E.L.A. Gold Line Fears City and MTA officials worry for the safety of jaywalkers and beat-the-train drivers once the new Gold Line extension's trains begin running through East Los Angeles. L.A. Times
- Lakers Parade Wednesday morning the championship L.A. Lakers team will parade from Staples Center to the Coliseum. The team, private donors and the city will split costs of the celebration. L.A. Times, L.A. Daily News
- Fire Cause: Catalytic Converter Debris blown out of a device equipped on all California cars to reduce smog emissions is being blamed for starting last November's Freeway Complex Fire. At its height 40,000 residents in Los Angeles, Orange, San Bernardino and Riverside counties were evacuated and 350 homes were destroyed. O.C. Register
- Target Targeted The L.A. District Attorney and City Attorney's offices have joined a suit filed by California State Attorney General Jerry Brown charging Target stores with illegally dumping hazardous waste. Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal
- If the Suit Fits . . . A civil suit over the clothes O.J. Simpson wore when acquitted of murder became most uncivil as the clothing's owner and a lawyer representing Fred Goldman argued in court and in a hallway over who should possess the so-called “acquittal suit.” Associated Press
- New Octo-Guardian Proposed A court hearing over the appointment of a guardian for Nadya Suleman's children during the “Octo-Mom”'s shooting of a reality TV show has been moved back a week. A message from lawyer Gloria Allred to a newspaper says it's because a new guardian is being proposed, along with new information about the TV show. Whittier Daily News/Octorazzi
Advertising disclosure: We may receive compensation for some of the links in our stories. Thank you for supporting LA Weekly and our advertisers.